6 Weekly Inspection & Tacho Mode

Please excuse this if a stupid question as I’m a relatively new driver.

The company Ive started working for ask us to take the truck in for its 6 weekly inspection and wait whilst its done. What tacho mode / manual entry should I put in for the period the inspection is being carried out?

Poa doesn’t sound correct as we never know how long we are going to be waiting, so would it be other work or rest? As I’m still getting paid but can dispose of the time as I see fit.

Thanks for your thoughts on the subject.

Other work. To be claiming it as rest you’d most likely need to have the card ejected, because the maintenance provider may very well move the vehicle, especially onto a roller brake tester. If you want to eject your card and claim it as rest, just remember to do a manual entry afterwards.

Zac_A:
Other work. To be claiming it as rest you’d most likely need to have the card ejected, because the maintenance provider may very well move the vehicle, especially onto a roller brake tester. If you want to eject your card and claim it as rest, just remember to do a manual entry afterwards.

Thanks for the reply. Other work was my thinking but wanted to get the view of other people acouldnt find a definitive answer on the subject. I always eject the card at inspection as like you say they move the truck.

When you put your driver card back in the tachograph there’s nothing to stop you doing a manual entry and recording the time as break if you want to.

junkieball:
but can dispose of the time as I see fit.

Thanks for your thoughts on the subject.

Sounds like Other Work would be wrong (downright fraud [emoji1781] not that anyone would ever complain) what you describe is beyond the measure required for break.

When mine goes in for its six weekly I drive it to the garage and eject the card. Why wouldn’t I as I know a fitter will be moving it for a break test and if someone wanted to be picky them driving it with my card in would be a false record.

When the inspection is over I put the card back in and do a manual entry for break because that’s exactly what I’ve been doing in the interim l

the maoster:
When mine goes in for its six weekly I drive it to the garage and eject the card. Why wouldn’t I as I know a fitter will be moving it for a break test and if someone wanted to be picky them driving it with my card in would be a false record.

When the inspection is over I put the card back in and do a manual entry for break because that’s exactly what I’ve been doing in the interim l

Exactly this.

You should always take your card out as someone else is going to be driving it, you are sat watching TV or playing on your phone, so that’s break which you manually enter when you put your card back in. Or poa if you get all recorded breaks deducted

Being free to dispose of your time as you wish is a requirement of rest, not break, you have daily / weekly rest, and breaks from driving or for WTD in the shift, same symbol different activities with different criteria.

Every clued up TM should tell you this is the only way to do it

Like others , card out and when card goes back in manual every for break