Split shift

Hi all, I’ve been asked to come In do a load in the morning start 6 finish 11am, prob 2 hrs drive time, then again at 6pm till 11pm,
Would I put this on POA or rest not sure never done it before, is it usual practice? Cheers for any help

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Tell them to shove it! It can’t legally be done.
6am to 23:00 is 17 hrs so can’t be done and 11:00 to 18:00 is less than 9 hrs off so they are not separate shifts/days.

Wildswimmer:
Hi all, I’ve been asked to come In do a load in the morning start 6 finish 11am, prob 2 hrs drive time, then again at 6pm till 11pm,
Would I put this on POA or rest not sure never done it before, is it usual practice? Cheers for any help

As above you cannot legally do this shift pattern.

You cannot do a shift of 17 hours, on EU regulations even with a split daily rest period you can only do a shift of 15 hours from start to finish.

Sorry, duplicate post.

If you’re going to finish by 21:00 instead of 23:00 and still have loads of hrs off in the middle, then just choose whichever suits you best. Poa if you like or rest there’s not much difference if you get paid during your breaks.

Thanks for replys, turned out 2nd load not needed, ended up starting at 9am finished for 12 and got paid for 13hrs, don’t thinkill ever have a better day than that

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk