Tacho systems called Convey

Hi guys has anybody heard of this tacho system called Convey, my boss says we don’t need to download tacho card as this system does it automatically but I am not sure about it, I can’t figure out how it knows what on the card if it has not been downloaded

ScottishJoe:
Hi guys has anybody heard of this tacho system called Convey, my boss says we don’t need to download tacho card as this system does it automatically but I am not sure about it, I can’t figure out how it knows what on the card if it has not been downloaded

Ii don’t know about the system you mention but there are systems in place that allow for the driver card to be remotely downloaded whilst it’s in the tachograph VU, I believe the VU data is downloaded in the same way.

Thanks tachograph

ScottishJoe:
Thanks tachograph

You’re welcome.

For clarity, there’s nothing stipulated in the regulations about how the driver card has to be downloaded, it just has to be downloaded no later than 28 days from the first time it was used after the last download.

I’ve used convey for the past year.
It downloads every day about 1am so I have access to my records straight away/next day.

It also runs our daily vehicle checks.

Thanks Stu675
Now I know that I will not worry about downloading