LGV medical.

Hi all. My LGV medical ran out last year and I have a medical booked for 28th Feb.
Assuming all goes well at the medical, does anyone know when I’m legally allowed to drive? Is it when the doctor signs the form, or does it have to be received and processed by DVLA?
If it does need processing any idea how long it takes?
Many thanks.

When DVLA sys you can

Tj916:
Hi all. My LGV medical ran out last year and I have a medical booked for 28th Feb.
Assuming all goes well at the medical, does anyone know when I’m legally allowed to drive? Is it when the doctor signs the form, or does it have to be received and processed by DVLA?
If it does need processing any idea how long it takes?
Many thanks.

When you say your HGV medical ran out presumably you mean your HGV licence expired, in which case you cannot drive HGVs until your HGV licence has been renewed.

Yes that is correct. Do you know how long DVLC will take to renew it?

Tj916:
Yes that is correct. Do you know how long DVLC will take to renew it?

The time needed can vary a bit… it all depends on what the Dr has put on the medical form.

I sent my medical form off today, so we can compare notes on when we get our answer. :smiley:

I had part of my D4 returned last Friday (10/03/23) because the Doctor had put a tick in an incorrect box.

I received an explanatory letter that had a reference number on it and a photocopy of just the page that contained the error.

The instructions on the letter said that I should get the Doctor to correct the error and that I had a fortnight to get it done.

Anyway, it’s done now and already winging its way back to DVLA by recorded delivery as I write this.

I’ll update this as and when…

Update…

My renewed licence arrived yesterday (24/03/2023) with my new photo on it and all categories correct.

So, not too bad at all IMHO at just over six weeks from start to finish, including a minor error by the Dr and the necessary extra time needed for postages.