Lost entitlements

Got my HGV licence in 1981 and was employed as a HGV driver 1992 to 1994 then had a change in career (no need for a HGV)
Back in 1984 I changed my address and I recall sending my old HGV book licence together with my ordinary driving licence to the DVLA.
My bus licence car and motorcycle are on my current licence, but I never noticed that my HGV class 1 was not on it, and to be honest never thought of checking, I have now been offered employment and on checking the licence noticed that my entitlement was not included on the licence
The DVLA will not add the class 1 rating to my licence as they have no record of it even though I have the licence number issued by the North Wester traffic Area Obviously this information was lost by DVLA see reports of lost DATA UK government
Can anyone advice best way forward

I think any pass pre 1983 is not on computer record at DVLA so anyone who lets the licence lapse with a pass date before that has no chance of getting it back

There was another thread on this issue a couple of years ago and that member did not have any luck from what I seem to recall

ROG:
I think any pass pre 1983 is not on computer record at DVLA so anyone who lets the licence lapse with a pass date before that has no chance of getting it back

There was another thread on this issue a couple of years ago and that member did not have any luck from what I seem to recall

Any good solicitors about?