Recording domestic gours

Hi there just after some advice for my brother he is starting work for a agency driving a bin lorry for the council I believe this is domestic hours you would use how does he record the hours for this it is for 4 days a week so if he was to drive a normal shift how would he keep records would it be a manual entry for every day in domestic hours or just manual entry for that day thanks is a bit confusing with this continuous hours recording

raymond888uk:
Hi there just after some advice for my brother he is starting work for a agency driving a bin lorry for the council I believe this is domestic hours you would use how does he record the hours for this it is for 4 days a week so if he was to drive a normal shift how would he keep records would it be a manual entry for every day in domestic hours or just manual entry for that day thanks is a bit confusing with this continuous hours recording

Normally the operator will issue him a log book in which to record his hours. It’s been a good few years since I did it, but I’m sure the pages were self-carbonated, with rear-out sheets to be handed in each day (or maybe week? - as I said it was a while ago). He keeps the book until the end of the required 28 day period then hands it in.

If he has a digicard, all shifts recorded in the log book(s) are shown as “?” via manual input on the card indicating that the activity is recorded elsewhere. If stopped by DVSA or Police he’ll need to produce both card and logbook.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

If digicard used then would it be easier just to select - out of scope :question:

ROG:
If digicard used then would it be easier just to select - out of scope :question:

He did mention something about that I have never used it so couldn’t really explain it hopefully they get training on it before starting has done a induction and driving assessment but said they did not use digicards for witch I found strange

raymond888uk:

ROG:

He did mention something about that I have never used it so couldn’t really explain it hopefully they get training on it before starting has done a induction and driving assessment but said they did not use digicards for witch I found strange

There’s no requirement to use a tachograph on UK domestic regulations so there’s nothing unusual or strange about him not using his driver card on the assessment.

For UK domestic regulations you are exempt from record keeping on any day that you drive for no more than 4 hours and work within a 50km radius so he would not need to make a record for the assessment.

raymond888uk:

His options would be when driving back under the EU regulations would be, written on a printout or wax chart, manual entry, GB domestic hours logbook, personally I’d just insert my card and set it to out of scope, everything will be on your card then so nice and easy.