Traffic Light Camera Question

Hi Everyone

I was driving in London with my truckntrailer. 40mph dual carriageway and as I was approaching the lights it went to amber and my truck was already over the stop line but I’m sure the back of my trailer finished going over the stop line while it was red. It double flashed but when I looked in my mirror there was a motorbike who went through the stop line and stopped because there was two police cars in the traffic behind us. So not sure if the double flash was for me or the motorbike. Does the traffic light cameras account for length of vehicle ?

I am fairly certain that it detects anything going over the stop line after it has turned red

Fingers crossed for you…

ROG:
I am fairly certain that it detects anything going over the stop line after it has turned red

■■■■ it

Thanks for the response

Hopefully the motorbike was the trigger

Agreed its detect everything go over tha line, but a member of tha trafic team will look at tha case and when your front wheels has passed line in green/yellow then hopefully u will not get any ticket. Normally its trigger aft 3 sec.

Asif:
Agreed its detect everything go over tha line, but a member of tha trafic team will look at tha case and when your front wheels has passed line in green/yellow then hopefully u will not get any ticket. Normally its trigger aft 3 sec.

Thanks Asif for the detailed answer …I will let you guys know if I do receive anything in the future. I think they should see I was already over the line and dismiss it but I can only wait and see what happens