I went over 6hrs by 4 mins

Hi all,

Fairly new to driving and new to Truck Net, I just do the odd days work here and there through an agency and on Friday I misjudged my journey and between stores, I (luckily) found a layby to take a 15 min break in, but unfortunately I was 4 minutes over my 6 hours working time, obviously I know I should’ve planned slightly better and in future I won’t be risking it, my question is; if I were to be pulled in for a roadside check/into a checkpoint, what sort of punishment would I be looking at, if any??

Thanks in anticipation.

Zero punishment, don’t stress. You only need to worry about the driving hours. If anything it’s your employer that would get in trouble for you exceeding WTD. But still try not to exceed WTD though.

As said you won’t be in any trouble with the DVSA, it will show as an infringement every time your driver card is downloaded so it’s best to try to avoid making these minor mistakes.

It’s not a big deal so learn from it and move on :wink:

That’s nothing, as my second hand holder changed things by saying I HAD to do a manual entry at the start of the day the tacho thinks I’ve been doing other work in my sleep. Boss man said don’t worry just stick the card in first thing each day, so back to hand holder #1 method.

stu675:
Zero punishment, don’t stress. You only need to worry about the driving hours. If anything it’s your employer that would get in trouble for you exceeding WTD. But still try not to exceed WTD though.

Ok, thank you, my worry is that I’ve read a lot about people being stung with fines and don’t want to get one myself!

Also, one more quick question if anyone can help, just reading an article found on another post, quote below

“From Monday 5 March 2018, DVSA traffic examiners will start issuing on-the-spot fines for any drivers’ hours offences committed in the last 28 days.”

As I only drive now and then, does this mean the last 28 days I’ve worked or the last 28 calendar days?

Again, thanks in anticipation.

warbs2021:
Also, one more quick question if anyone can help, just reading an article found on another post, quote below

“From Monday 5 March 2018, DVSA traffic examiners will start issuing on-the-spot fines for any drivers’ hours offences committed in the last 28 days.”

As I only drive now and then, does this mean the last 28 days I’ve worked or the last 28 calendar days?

Again, thanks in anticipation.

28 calendar days. It might be changing to 56 soon ( next year?), but that will still be calendar.

DVSA not interested in WTD breaches and have no sanctions listed for breaches
Companies usually are

Thanks a lot!