Is my HGV career over

I passed C+E back in March with the intention slowly transitioning from my current job to becoming a full time HGV driver. I’ve signed up with a few agencies and trying to find the odd job here and there to build experience. Regrettably on my way home from working last week I got caught speeding in my own car. It’s my first offence in 24 years of driving, I was less than a mile from home, it was dark ( police stood with speed camera) and the road is usually a NSL. A temporary speed limit had been put in place due to a festival taking place the next day. The road was very quiet at the time, so I do feel a little hard done to, but speeding is speeding and I have to take my punishment. My worry now is that when I receive 6 points no agency / company will be willing to employ me, the Traffic Commissioner will revoke my HGV licence and I’ll have to retake my HGV test.

3 points and £100 OR speed awareness course with no points
Either way TC not interested if that is all you have on licence

I think it will be 6 points I’ll be receiving (54 in a 30).

I thought all the job adverts are no more than 6 points.

Fingers crossed for you on the result. Temporarily reducing the limit for no reason (at the time) and then nicking people is outrageous in the extreme!