Fines to deter drivers from not resting properly

comes from this site

gov.uk/government/news/driv … al-drivers

As well as giving fines to drivers for recent offences, DVSA traffic examiners have started issuing fines to deal with drivers who don’t properly rest.
Lorry, bus and coach drivers must take a 45-hour rest break at least every fortnight.
Since 1 November 2017, DVSA has started to fine drivers up to £300 if they spend their full weekly rest break in their vehicle in places where it causes a problem. For example, if a lorry driver spends their full break in the cab of their lorry in a layby.

Doesn’t apply to me but what is this law, you can’t spend your rest in a cab■■?

Macski:
comes from this site

As well as giving fines to drivers for recent offences, DVSA traffic examiners have started issuing fines to deal with drivers who don’t properly rest.
Lorry, bus and coach drivers must take a 45-hour rest break at least every fortnight.
Since 1 November 2017, DVSA has started to fine drivers up to £300 if they spend their full weekly rest break in their vehicle in places where it causes a problem. For example, if a lorry driver spends their full break in the cab of their lorry in a layby.

EC561/2006 (as subsequently amended):
".The regular weekly rest periods and any weekly rest period of more than 45 hours taken in compensation for previous reduced weekly rest periods shall not be taken in a vehicle. They shall be taken in suitable gender-friendly accommodation with adequate sleeping and sanitary facilities.

Any costs for accommodation outside the vehicle shall be covered by the employer.]"

In essence, only reduced weekly Rests (and of course daily Rests) may be taken in the cab.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Roymondo:

Macski:
comes from this site

EC561/2006 (as subsequently amended):
".The regular weekly rest periods and any weekly rest period of more than 45 hours taken in compensation for previous reduced weekly rest periods shall not be taken in a vehicle. They shall be taken in suitable gender-friendly accommodation with adequate sleeping and sanitary facilities.

Any costs for accommodation outside the vehicle shall be covered by the employer.]"

In essence, only reduced weekly Rests (and of course daily Rests) may be taken in the cab.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info, so these doing European work and away for weeks/months are breaking the law by staying in their cabs.

‘gender-friendly accommodation’ I guess that mean staying in shared accomidation is oK, rather stay in my cab.