Night work 10 hour rule. Need quick advice

Hi I so confused about this night work. Exactly about this 10 hour work only. Some people say I can extend some say I can’t who this is Exactly? I asking because im new driver and I did some night shift by the Agency and I work more then 10 houres that night. So I broke the Law or not?Can you please advice and explain me about this 10 hour rule.

KamTruck88:
Hi I so confused about this night work. Exactly about this 10 hour work only. Some people say I can extend some say I can’t who this is Exactly? I asking because im new driver and I did some night shift by the Agency and I work more then 10 houres that night. So I broke the Law or not?Can you please advice and explain me about this 10 hour rule.

The 10 hour working time rule can be extended with a workplace agreement, so whether or not it’s legal to work more than 10 hours on nights depends on whether or not the company you’re driving for has a workplace agreement in place.

Note that the regulations say that you cannot do more than 10 hours working time but breaks and POA do not count as working time, so even without a workplace agreement in place you can do 10 plus breaks and POA.

Having said that I doubt that anyone really cares unless you have an accident in which case everyone will care :frowning:

Thanks so much mate.