Infringement Removal

Hello all,
New member here with a quick question. We have a guy working in our transport office who has been trying somehow to remove infringements his tacho card. This has been spotted a senior member of staff and the guy in question is now being investigated but my concern is that this will be an in-house investigation and will end up being swept under the carpet and no action will be taken.
Could anyone here tell me if this should be escalated, is it illegal and as such should vosa be informed?
I ask because I was pulled into the office yesterday and told I had an infringement on a manual entry stating I had worked 24hrs without a break, I questioned this and told them to show me on the computer, it turned out that they had input something manually, (a cpc training course) on the wrong day and it wasnt an infringement at all. I thought once my card had been downloaded, then it couldnt be changed or anything manually entered and i`m a little worried as to what is or has been happening and would welcome any help or support in this matter.
Thanks in advance guys

silverfox1970:
my concern is that this will be an in-house investigation and will end up being swept under the carpet and no action will be taken.

Genuine question, why are you concerned? Does it affect you? Could it possibly have a negative effect upon your employment or earning potential? Finally, what type of action being taken would satisfy you?

silverfox1970:
Hello all,
New member here with a quick question. We have a guy working in our transport office who has been trying somehow to remove infringements his tacho card. This has been spotted a senior member of staff and the guy in question is now being investigated but my concern is that this will be an in-house investigation and will end up being swept under the carpet and no action will be taken.
Could anyone here tell me if this should be escalated, is it illegal and as such should vosa be informed?
I ask because I was pulled into the office yesterday and told I had an infringement on a manual entry stating I had worked 24hrs without a break, I questioned this and told them to show me on the computer, it turned out that they had input something manually, (a cpc training course) on the wrong day and it wasnt an infringement at all. I thought once my card had been downloaded, then it couldnt be changed or anything manually entered and i`m a little worried as to what is or has been happening and would welcome any help or support in this matter.
Thanks in advance guys

What anyone does on the companies software is between them and the company, you cannot change what’s recorded on a driver card or what’s recorded on the tachograph and that’s what the DVSA will be interested in.

Changing data on a driver card (if you could) would be an extremely serious offence, adding manual entries onto the companies software to disguise infringements is daft and could eventually be a problem for the company, but as far as I’m aware it’s not in itself an offence outside of the company rules.

Clearly disguising infringements on the company software is not something the DVSA would approve of, but as you say yourself the company are holding an investigation and that should satisfy the DVSA.

To be honest I don’t see why you have a problem with the way the company are dealing with the matter.

What infringement could be removed? The only thing I can think of is insufficient total WTD breaks in a shift by tacking on a break plus a bit of work after. Hardly worth worrying about.

No need to worry about it mate. Its nod your headache, lets company handle it and company can’t ad anything on your tacho card. So u just carry on your work.