Taking a 15 minute break rule

Hi
I just wondered is it legal to take a 15 minute break after you have done your daily walkround checks in the morning before I set off or do I have to show driving time aswell . I will have done only about 10 minutes on other work before I put it on break. Any help much appreciated.

Chabber:
Hi
I just wondered is it legal to take a 15 minute break after you have done your daily walkround checks in the morning before I set off or do I have to show driving time aswell . I will have done only about 10 minutes on other work before I put it on break. Any help much appreciated.

I see you just joined the forums today so welcome to Trucknet-UK :wink:

You can have a 15 minute break after your walkaround checks and it will count for the RT(WT)R breaks but it will not count as a driving break, so you will still need a further 45 minute break/breaks before exceeding 4.5 hours driving.

You must have done some driving before a break can be counted towards the 45 minutes break you need before exceeding 4.5 hours driving.

Just to add what was said above if you want it to count as a driving break have a quick spin around the yard if you can until 1 minute shows up for driving time :wink:

bald bloke:
Just to add what was said above if you want it to count as a driving break have a quick spin around the yard if you can until 1 minute shows up for driving time :wink:

I was in the yard waiting about 3 hours for a trailer so took a 15

Took me a while to figure out later why my 30 minute break hasn’t reset my driving time [emoji6][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk