Quick question

So I got back to depot not realising I was 40mins over 9hrs. Had 2 15min breaks but not a 15 and 30 as I still had driving time.

Finished the day and put my card in to works reader to d/l and then noticed an infringement on tachomaster for not taking a total of 45mins for working over 9hrs.

Am I right in saying that a manual entry won’t clear this infringement if I did a 15 and then a 5min other work to Saturdays log?

and that if I have d/l my card at the depot this finalises the data? Not sure how it works and keep meaning to ask them if d/l of card makes the activities final so to speak.

Thanks

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

A manual entry could have rectified this before your card was downloaded, but once you’ve downloaded it their tacho software will have picked up the infringement. It’s nothing major though, and the fact you’re aware of it is the more important thing.
Maybe just have a word with whoever deals with compliance in your place (the guy who gives out the infringements) and let them know that you know you’ve got an infringement coming your way

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Ahh ok.

I’ll let them know there’s an infringement coming my way.

Thanks for replying [emoji846]

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

The data on your card is finalised (or “closed”) when you eject it from the head unit (that’s why it takes a little while before it pops out).

You could, were you so inclined, negate the infringement by doing a manual entry the next time you use your card, adding a 15 minute Break AND at least one minute of Work to the end of the shift. But that would be making a false entry…

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Terry Cooksey:
A manual entry could have rectified this before your card was downloaded, but once you’ve downloaded it their tacho software will have picked up the infringement. It’s nothing major though, and the fact you’re aware of it is the more important thing.
Maybe just have a word with whoever deals with compliance in your place (the guy who gives out the infringements) and let them know that you know you’ve got an infringement coming your way

Absolutely false, as explained by Roymondo.
@AV1D you were right, do what you were going to do with another 15.

Thanks for the question. I was similar yesterday having my 30 min break (after the previous 15) and thinking why is 15 not enough, I don’t need the driving time and I’m not going over 9 hrs, does anyone do just 30 in the day

stu675:

Terry Cooksey:

Thanks for the question. I was similar yesterday having my 30 min break (after the previous 15) and thinking why is 15 not enough, I don’t need the driving time and I’m not going over 9 hrs, does anyone do just 30 in the day

Firstly, what I said was right, because he has already downloaded his card the data will already be on his company’s tacho software, so no amount of manual entries will stop him from getting an infringement.
Secondly, if you are working more than 6 hours but less than 9 then you only need breaks totalling 30 minutes to satisfy WTD regulations, as long as you do less than 4.5 hours of driving

Terry Cooksey:
Firstly, what I said was right, because he has already downloaded his card the data will already be on his company’s tacho software, so no amount of manual entries will stop him from getting an infringement.

Yes it will, in all probability. Infringements are generated by the software at the point that an infringement report is produced, not at the point when the card is downloaded (unless the company specifically wants this to happen - which they may well do in the case of agency drivers who might never work for them again).

Terry Cooksey:

stu675:

Terry Cooksey:

Secondly, if you are working more than 6 hours but less than 9 then you only need breaks totalling 30 minutes to satisfy WTD regulations, as long as you do less than 4.5 hours of driving

And if he does as suggested, that data will be overwritten the next time he downloads.
If you start to drive home and 7.5 mins later get called back to do something, there would be nothing wrong with 15 mins rest and one min work.
Neither Ejecting your card nor downloading cannot decide what you are going to be doing for the rest of the day.