Taco query

Hope this in right place ?
Put taco on bed at 15.30 and popped card .one minute later it’s showing other work till 7.34 the following morning when I started my next shift .anyone got any idea how I’ve managed this .Tia

It’s irrelevant what mode the tacho is when you eject your card. It all depends on what mode you choose when you do the manual entry when you reinsert the card.

So I’ve clocked up with my manual entry then. Thanks

syramax:
Hope this in right place ?
Put taco on bed at 15.30 and popped card .one minute later it’s showing other work till 7.34 the following morning when I started my next shift .anyone got any idea how I’ve managed this .Tia

This topic might help trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewto … 2&t=171120 scroll to my first post
Could be your trucks default mode when you turn it off

Skinto:
[

There is never a default mode when you turn it off, as in eject your card. Only a default mode when you stop driving.

stu675:

Skinto:
[

There is never a default mode when you turn it off, as in eject your card. Only a default mode when you stop driving.

Sorry mate, that is incorrect - see Roymondos post near the end of that link
The mode can change when you turn your truck key off, depending to what its set at, don’t think you can turn your tacho off ?
So you set you tacho mode with the key on, thinking that’s it, turn truck off and leave, not realising the mode has just changed

syramax:
Put taco on bed at 15.30 and popped card .one minute later it’s showing other work till 7.34 the following morning when I started my next shift .anyone got any idea how I’ve managed this

When you inserted the card the following morning you did a manual entry of other work for 8 hours 44 minutes onto the end of the previous days shift, only you know why :wink:

That printout does not show other work until 07:34, it shows a rest period from 00:00 to 07:34 on the 31/01/2022 then the next time you inserted the card you added 8 hours 44 minutes other work to the end of the shift on 31/01/2022.

For clarity, on all but the very earliest digital tachographs the activity mode can be set to default to either other work, POA or break when the vehicle ignition is switched off, however this should not affect what is shown on a printout for when the driver card is out of the tachograph.

I’m sure someone will correct me if anything has changed since I last used a digital tachograph but from memory, unless a manual entry is made all the time when the driver card is out of a tachograph is recorded on the driver card with the ? symbol.

tachograph:
For clarity, on all but the very earliest digital tachographs the activity mode can be set to default to either other work, POA or break when the vehicle ignition is switched off.

When our 18 plates arrived it caused no end of problems as some of them defaulted to break when the ignition was switched off and some of them defaulted to other work. Not much of a problem in itself but with a significant number of them if the ignition was switched on it then defaulted to other work which as you may imagine caused problems when people turned the ignition on during a break to operate the windows etc.

The whole lot were taken to the tacho centre to be programmed to stay on whatever mode was last selected unless manually changed.

tachograph:
For clarity, on all but the very earliest digital tachographs the activity mode can be set to default to either other work, POA or break when the vehicle ignition is switched off, however this should not affect what is shown on a printout for when the driver card is out of the tachograph.

I’m sure someone will correct me if anything has changed since I last used a digital tachograph but from memory, unless a manual entry is made all the time when the driver card is out of a tachograph is recorded on the driver card with the ? symbol.

Hopefully the OP will be back to confirm
Even though I am very rusty at this, if you look at the printout it shows 15:15 brk for 1 min then 15:16 other work for 8hrs 44mins - yes ?
So, I assume printout done (too early :smiley: ) next day ?
Reason for mode change from brk to OW ? most likely key turned off
OP hopefully confirm default tacho mode on truck is OW ?

the maoster:

tachograph:
For clarity, on all but the very earliest digital tachographs the activity mode can be set to default to either other work, POA or break when the vehicle ignition is switched off.

When our 18 plates arrived it caused no end of problems as some of them defaulted to break when the ignition was switched off and some of them defaulted to other work. Not much of a problem in itself but with a significant number of them if the ignition was switched on it then defaulted to other work which as you may imagine caused problems when people turned the ignition on during a break to operate the windows etc.

The whole lot were taken to the tacho centre to be programmed to stay on whatever mode was last selected unless manually changed.

Yes that is another option I forgot to mention, to remain on the last activity selected when the ignition is switched off/on, to be honest I’ve always thought that’s the best way for the tachograph to be programmed but none were on vehicles I drove.

IMHO, the tachograph should assume nothing apart from drive when moving and manual entries only. It is ludicrous that turning the key should change anything, but, that’s how it is - crazy and should be banned, sorted etc

Skinto:
Even though I am very rusty at this, if you look at the printout it shows 15:15 brk for 1 min then 15:16 other work for 8hrs 44mins - yes ?
Yes that’s right, the 8 hours 44 minutes is a manual entry the the OP must have done at the start of the next shift, by my reckoning he manually entered other work from 15:16 to midnight.

So, I assume printout done (too early :smiley: ) next day ?
I’ve no idea when the printout was done but the manual entry was probably done too early the next shift :wink:

Reason for mode change from brk to OW ? most likely key turned off
No the OP said he pulled the card, if that’s correct the ? symbol would have shown for the time the card was out of the tachograph unless he did a manual entry, as far as I can see the only way other work would have been recorded was by a manual entry.

OP hopefully confirm default tacho mode on truck is OW ?
If he pulled the card out it shouldn’t make any difference to what the tachograph defaults to when the ignition is switched off.

Skinto:
IMHO, the tachograph should assume nothing apart from drive when moving and manual entries only. It is ludicrous that turning the key should change anything, but, that’s how it is - crazy and should be banned, sorted etc

I agree, as far as I can remember all the first generation digital tachographs were programmed like that, then some bright spark decided that was too easy :frowning:

Hopefully the op will confirm

In reply, the tacho always reverts to other work unless manually altered. I think In this case ,I made my mistake when I made my manual entry . Been driving for six years on tacho and its only recently that the company has insisted on a manual entry for all time unrecorded,so this is a learning curve .Thanks for the replies folks.