New tachograph

the other day my new tacho in a new truck flashed up working time x1 ? towards the end of the day
I always start at 05.30
30 min break at around 10.00 which banks me a 15 min & covers my working time before the 6 hour rule
30 min break at 11.50/12.22 which clears my clock for driving 45 mins total
arrive back at yard around 15.30/16.00 where around 1 hours POA entered
finished at 17.45 around 20 mins work
Trying to understand if i have fallen foul of WTD,
can anyone see a problem here, thanks in advance

Mitch66:
the other day my new tacho in a new truck flashed up working time x1 ? towards the end of the day
I always start at 05.30
30 min break at around 10.00 which banks me a 15 min & covers my working time before the 6 hour rule

05.30 to 10.00 then 30 min break (only needs to be 15) is under 6 hours so OK
12.22 to 17.45 is under 6 hours so OK
Shift over 9 hours work/drive time and 45+ mins taken so OK

ALL OK :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks Rog, I thought it was ok, all seems to be covered, always bang another 15 on later in the day just to make sure where ever possible. not had any infringements for a couple of years now so would like to keep it that way.
Strange how this new tacho popped up with working time, all the old ones are ok.

Guys does break on tacho count to weekly rest

For example

I start 0300 work till 0700 put card on break till 1300

Or should I take card out at 0700 I’m sitting I’m cab on break till finish time basically but does both break = weekly rest

TruckDriverBen:
Guys does break on tacho count to weekly rest

For example

I start 0300 work till 0700 put card on break till 1300

Or should I take card out at 0700 I’m sitting I’m cab on break till finish time basically but does both break = weekly rest

If you’re on a break you cannot legally be on a rest period because you’re still at work, you’re still under the instruction of your employer and not able to dispose of your time freely.

If you’re at work and being paid until 13:00 that’s when your daily/weekly rest period legally starts regardless of whether or not your card is in the tachograph.

In other words, a break is not a rest period and will not count as part of a daily or weekly rest period.

Mitch66:
I always start at 05.30

I suspect it may be warning you about your 13 hour day getting near. It would probably warn you again near the 15 hour day. I will test it at work on Monday and see what happens. I have a simulator for the new ‘smart’ tachographs.