Quick tacho question

I’m working 7-3 today. I had my 15 minutes at 10.45. Do I need to take a 30 minute before my shift finishes at 3 or can I just finish without?

Thanks

carl123uk:
I’m working 7-3 today. I had my 15 minutes at 10.45. Do I need to take a 30 minute before my shift finishes at 3 or can I just finish without?

It depends on the total amount of driving time in the shift.

For a shift that has between 6 and 9 hours working time you need a total of 30 minutes break/breaks, so assuming that your total driving time will not reach 4.5 hours you need another 15 minute break which cannot be at the immediate end of the shift.

If your total driving time is going to be over 4.5 hours and you did some driving before the 15 minute break then you will need another 30 minute break before exceeding 4.5 hours driving time.

Why would you want to work 8 hours without a proper break?

How can you not know the answer? Is this a wind up?

stu675:

Obviously a new driver so cut the guy some slack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mark1284:

stu675:

So am I. Which is why I am genuinely confused as to how someone could start work without knowing this?
Questions about how to actually work a tacho, yes I could understand, or particular intricacies, definitely. But drive more than 4.5 hours or work more than 6 hours without knowing the break? Wtf.

stu675:

mark1284:

stu675:

So am I. Which is why I am genuinely confused as to how someone could start work without knowing this?
Questions about how to actually work a tacho, yes I could understand, or particular intricacies, definitely. But drive more than 4.5 hours or work more than 6 hours without knowing the break? Wtf.

See this from July asking same sort of thing from Op , so he obesely don’t take notice or learn :unamused:
trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewto … 1#p2765681

Basically dont work over 6hrs without a 15 min break
Shift length 6-9hrs a 30 min break is required
Shift length 9hrs+ a 45 min break is required

blue estate:

stu675:

mark1284:

stu675:

See this from July asking same sort of thing from Op , so he obesely don’t take notice or learn :unamused:
trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewto … 1#p2765681

Cheers! That explains a lot [emoji1787]

mark1284:

stu675:

Well said Mark. When you look at some of the “misinformation” on the Net on this topic, some of it from supposed professional bodies, it’s not surprising that people seek clarification. You see this all the time on DCPC courses when even some of the people delivering the course don’t know the answers.

Maigret:

mark1284:

stu675:

Well said Mark. When you look at some of the “misinformation” on the Net on this topic, some of it from supposed professional bodies, it’s not surprising that people seek clarification. You see this all the time on DCPC courses when even some of the people delivering the course don’t know the answers.

Rubbish!