Opinion from a mechanic please

So, I dont drive much and had the luxury of working for a company with no older the 5 yrs vehicles and our own mechanics. So I’m doing a bit of casual work for a company and last week put me in a 05 plate merc. I gave them a list of defects at the end of the day. ( yes taking advantage of my experience) so the air in the tank is completely empty after 5 mins of standing ( not running) and the the had brake will release with low pressure warning and allow the vehicle to move, also the clutch is very still to depress. Opens please , I already have door ajar.

You may have a leak from the clutch pack, move the splitter switch toggle, listen for the seat leaking, it wont be serious

Hi, it’s a slap type box 4-4, no leaks can be herd. More worried about the handbrake releasing when thè low air pressure warning is light is buzzing and lit. I have been told this is a MOT defect. I am assuming if I note it in the daily check book I will still get prosecthe uted for it or fined.

the parkbrake releasing doesnt make sense. you take air away to apply parking brakes so low air pressure shouldnt be a problem. you have to overcome spring pressure to release park brakes.

Sorry for got to emphasise the point, low air pressure warning light on and buzzing . You can still take the handbrake off and it will travel forward when there is no reading of air in the tank but takes 4 mins to fill. Obviously I have only moved a few feet forward and there is a pedal to stop it. I was under the impression that the hand brake should not release when the air is low and the vehicle can’t be moved. I did consider it might be a faulty reading on the low air side, but the seat inflates to normal and the suspension adjusts its self to ride position, indicating air is required to me.