60 hour week question

Hi folks…I got a WTD infringement for working 60 hours and 12 minutes last week. I’ve been out of the industry for a while, coming back as a driver about 2 years ago but I’ve never heard of this 60 hour working time limit. If this is true, how do trampers get around it when “maxing out” their hours?
Thanks in advance

Breaks and POA do not count towards the 60 hours per week working time rule, so if you’re doing a lot of hours best use breaks and POA wisely :wink:

Having said that, POA can screw up your driving time if you’re not careful, using breaks generally makes it easier to keep track of your driving time imo.

tachograph:
Breaks and POA do not count towards the 60 hours per week working time rule, so if you’re doing a lot of hours best use breaks and POA wisely :wink:

Having said that, POA can screw up your driving time if you’re not careful, using breaks generally makes it easier to keep track of your driving time imo.

Thanks mate!

tachograph:

It’s about time they sorted the poa glitch out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does the digi tacho warn of an upcoming breach of WTD rules :question:

If not then how is a driver supposed to keep track :question:

ROG:

No it doesn’t. In this hi tech world the driver relies on notes written down on a scrap of paper! I just note at what time a break finished and then ensure I have a break before 6 hours after that.

I do keep a diary where I note my daily driving time and my daily WTD hours. Due to doing a lot of RDC work my WTD hours are rarely over 48 hours as I often have 6 or more hours a day on break. I’ve never used POA.

mark1284:

tachograph:

It’s about time they sorted the poa glitch out.

They can’t fix the ‘POA glitch’ as it isn’t a glitch. The reason it resets driving time is because the first 45 minutes of POA counts as a driving break when double manning. They should be able to do something so that it doesn’t clear driving time for a card in slot 1 though

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

The tacho in my truck does. Stonebridge i think.
Say for example you had 4hrs driving left but you where 12hrs into a shift it would count the remaining hour down (or 3hrs if you have a 15) With a 9h or 11h in the corner (again depending on if you have any 15s left)

Here’s another example
Say your 5.5hrs into a shift but only done 2hrs driving it would count down the remaining 30 minutes with a 15 in the corner.

Say at the end of the week and your close to the 60h working week or your fortnightly driving time it will count down whatever your going to run out of first.

It’s happened to me on a Saturday.
I was on 86hrs driving for the fortnight and 51hrs working time. I was doing a local job. So I started at 6am, done my checks and set off at 6.15. Tacho is counting down the 4hrs driving i have left. Get to site 40 mins down the road and put it on bay. 3hrs 20mins driving left. Basically i was there for hours. Put tacho on break for 30mins around 10am. Left at 1400 and tacho is counting down from 1hr 30mins basically the working time i had left for the week

the maoster:

ROG:

No it doesn’t. In this hi tech world the driver relies on notes written down on a scrap of paper! I just note at what time a break finished and then ensure I have a break before 6 hours after that.

I do keep a diary where I note my daily driving time and my daily WTD hours. Due to doing a lot of RDC work my WTD hours are rarely over 48 hours as I often have 6 or more hours a day on break. I’ve never used POA.

Don’t suppose there is an app or excel template that someone’s come up with to log your hours, checks etc that everyone seems to write in a diary?

My 70 plate scania S series tacho does both wtd and eu drivers. Very handy. No thinking required.

capirex:
Don’t suppose there is an app or excel template that someone’s come up with to log your hours, checks etc that everyone seems to write in a diary?

When I did agency work I used to use this site:
mydrivinghours.co.uk