PG9 FPN

Hi to all
Thought this was interesting
A driver pulled by dvsa ,found broken bolts to trailer caliper PG9 issued.

Driver given FPN for driving a vehicle with faulty brakes £300 , endorsed

Points ;
No way could a driver have known bolts were broken ,can’t see them unless a mechanical inspection
Brakes appeared fine ,no warning lights no squeal no heat etc etc ,all appeared fine
Dvsa own approved vehicle inspection check sheet does not include any such activity as a mechanical inspection
Trailer very new
Manufacturer reports several instances of this on that model

Any thoughts?

Little odd no replies on this ,it affects all and every single trucker in the UK ,there have been many instances of prosecutions against truckers which when appeared Infront of a magistrate were thrown out due to not actually being an offence. On a personal front it worries me ,yes ,new dvsa inspectors may be and have found to have been somewhat over keen but they do not have to fund their prosecution time off etc whereas the FPN against the driver means they have little choice but to contest the allegations.
In one instance I was given a FPN for my tacho showing numerous overspeed instances only to then point out to the magistrate that I was on holiday and that I did explain fully to the green around the gills dvsa representative that the print off shows the last instances of overspeed not my actual card. But of course they know best and the case came and duly was flushed down the proverbial.
We all should be aware of what can and does go wrong ,after all it seams we are the first in line to be blamed no matter what. Guilty until proved innocent unfortunately.

Can a PG9 be refused in the same way you can refuse a speeding fixed penalty?

It would be interesting to see the wording that the PG9 relates to …a court may well throw the offence out as unreasonable.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk