ADR course, driving working hours

Hi, I’m doing an ADR course from Mon, do I need to put down my training hours on digi card, I don’t want my current employer know I’m retraining, I’ve paid for the course myself and using holidays to complete course, but getting worried, that when I return to work my card will show that I’ve been training, and get found out.
When I do my cpc at work the hours are added

No, don’t put in your card. Doing that opens up the very real possibility of screwing up the manual entry and ending up in infringementsville. Being as you’ve paid for it yourself and are also taking holidays for the duration my advice would be to stay schtum. DVSA have way bigger fish to fry than some guy who’s sat in a classroom. If you feel the need to record it then do it in a diary if you must by writing something along the lines of “ADR 8 hours” , nothing more, nothing less.

Wildswimmer:
Hi, I’m doing an ADR course from Mon, do I need to put down my training hours on digi card, I don’t want my current employer know I’m retraining, I’ve paid for the course myself and using holidays to complete course, but getting worried, that when I return to work my card will show that I’ve been training, and get found out.
When I do my cpc at work the hours are added

Hi Wildswimmer,

Given that you’re on holiday, I believe you meet the definition of being free to dispose of your own time as you see fit.

It was your choice to go on the course, so you’re still on holiday. :smiley:

It’s only when it’s the boss who sent you which makes the course recordable as working time because you’re following an instruction given by your boss.

:bulb: TBF, that exact subject should have been mentioned at the start of the course. :wink:

Hi thanks, I’ve done the course and needn’t have worried, no dipping of card, [emoji6], got back to work and they asked if I had a good week off, [emoji848], wasn’t relaxing put it that way [emoji16][emoji16]just have a long wait now to see if I’ve passed, they said it could take upto 5 weeks to let me know, [emoji120][emoji120]

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

So what if the company pays for the adr course but are doing it off your own bat? Either way id zip it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mark1284:
So what if the company pays for the adr course but are doing it off your own bat? Either way id zip it

Answering the OP’s very straightforward question… There’s only one issue.

The thing that makes the difference is who made the decision to send the driver on the course, which is either the driver OR the boss.

Whoever is paying for the ADR course makes no difference as to whether the time spent on the course is recordable as working time.

There are a few reasons why a driver who pays for their own course in their own time might not wish to tell the boss that they’d been on a course.