Ferry shunt question

New to the forum .searched a few places and asked a few qualified people but cant get proper guidance about the ferry shunt and rules .with the new changes from august last year its confused me even more .question is about ferry shunt and what you cannot and can do .what i perceive is the following .
On a normal working day to make a ferry shunt you must have only worked 12hr day so you have 12 hours left to allow for 1 hr of 2 movements and 11 daily rest .according to the new rules i perceive you now can .ferry shunt as before but now and only on a reduced weekly rest of 24 or more but less than 45hr you can carry out a ferry shunt as normal .you can only carryout a ferry shunt on a normal weekly rest of 45hr or more when the ferry/train journey is minimum 8hrs or more .
Questions on above relates to the 1st part where you have a split break of 3hrs or more through out the day which turns a 15hr day into a normal working day you require 9hrs break then but can you interrupt that 9hr for ferry shunt as its a normal day because of the split break .i know you cannot ferry shunt on a reduced daily 9hr rest of 15hr day .
2nd question .is where it really gets me because ive got told by vosa and rsa that theres no clear law but down to interpetation of the law by the officer .is the driving time used whilst ferry shunting accounted for and if so in what period the new driving period or the period the ferry shunt is happening in .part of what i was told is that the driving time is free but the movement time is not and is accounted for in the period the ferry shunt is happening in but its fowned upon if u have used full 10hrs driving time and then have a ferry shunt because technically they said you are nit suppose to do more than 10 hrs driving in any 1 24hr period but that is contradicted when you finish and start a new shift in the same 24hr period.
Apoligies for long winded question and hope you can get the jist of it but i liķe to play legal as best i can but how can you if the likes of this is happening .

Sent from my SM-G398FN using Tapatalk