How far will two 15 mins get you

Afternoon all.

I start my shift at 04:00.
I take a 15min before 10am and a 15 before 13:00.

Is it the case that I can work untill 13:30 as with the 30mins break time included then 9 hours driving/working is at 13:30.

Never go near 4.5hrs driving so it’s WTD related as opposed to driving breaks.

Many thanks

Why not just take a 30min at 1pm then you’ve got a clear card till WTD or EU driving runs out

Sent from my truck

blue estate:
Why not just take a 30min at 1pm then you’ve got a clear card till WTD or EU driving runs out

Sent from my truck

because 1pm is the 9hr mark. need to take 15 before 6 hours then 15 before 9. I was wondering weather the 30mins counts as working time as its a break.

LastTemplar:

blue estate:

Sent from my truck

because 1pm is the 9hr mark. need to take 15 before 6 hours then 15 before 9. I was wondering weather the 30mins counts as working time as its a break.

Which dingbat told you that 30 mins must be taken by 9 hours when the shift is much longer than that :question:

I will make this easy with a legal example where the driving time is less than 4.5 hours for the whole shift
Work 6 hrs
break 15 mins
work 6 hrs
break 15 mins
work 2 hrs
break 15 mins
work 15 mins

ROG:

LastTemplar:

blue estate:

Sent from my truck

Which dingbat told you that 30 mins must be taken by 9 hours when the shift is much longer than that :question:

I will make this easy with a legal example where the driving time is less than 4.5 hours for the whole shift
Work 6 hrs
break 15 mins
work 6 hrs
break 15 mins
work 2 hrs
break 15 mins
work 15 mins

Honestly can’t recall. This job is the 1st one I’ve had with more working time than driving time, to the point I average 3 hours driving a shift.

Ultimately what I’m asking is. Between 04:00 till 13:30, will two 15s cover me? as working time is less than hours, but total time is up to 9.5hrs.

LastTemplar:
Ultimately what I’m asking is. Between 04:00 till 13:30, will two 15s cover me? as working time is less than hours, but total time is up to 9.5hrs

0400 to 1330 = 9.5 shift time
Take 2 x 15 min breaks leaves 9 total work time
For a shift where the work time is 9 hrs then total WTD breaks should be 30 mins or 2 x 15s

So the simple answer to your question is YES :smiley:

I assume your company bothers with WTD because authorities do not