pay rates

am after smone who can clarify or point me in the right direction

basically work for small outfit 6 trucks 3 people in an office. been there 5 years we became under new onwership a year ago.
jobs not changed just the fella in charge.
he now wants us all to sign new contartcs whiuch state are working week is mon to sat . but get a pay rise of roughly £50 a week upto now its mon to fri.
what happens if we dont sing the new contract?

also a pay dispute

am i right if you employ 6 drivers all driving trucks doing the same job. we all get paid the same hourly rate.
as there saying we can all be on different contarcts on different hourly pay. which im sure is illegal?

as basically few drivers have left. theve taken on new drivers on new contract paid more than us,
hope this makes sense
thanks
if anyone can point me in the right direction

edd1974:
pay dispute

am i right if you employ 6 drivers all driving trucks doing the same job. we all get paid the same hourly rate.

No. The owner can pay his staff whatever he thinks they are worth. The driver has the choice to either accept it or turn it down. What the other staff members are paid is none of anyone else’s concern nor business :bulb: . At our place we are all on different rates and we all do the same job. Some drivers do the bare minimum and don’t look after the equipment, other drivers go above and beyond to make sure the job gets done right and the kit is well looked after - a big asset to the company. Last time I heard, there is a £3.50 / hr difference in hourly rate between myself and another driver.