Rich2012:
I drive a van under 3.5t - I understand that i need to follow domestic rules but it does not list breaks.

From what ive read i would need to follow the Working time directive for breaks.

Can anyone confirm the length of break and when to take?

That is under the non driving WTD or basic WTD which can be opted out of in full
No authority bothers about any of the WTDS
There are no legally set breaks under basic WTD or UK domestic regs

Within any 24 hours you have a max 11 hours work which includes max 10 hours of driving time (time behind the wheel)
Stupidly this is legal for you
duty 1 hr
off 1 hr
repeat that for the next 20 hours
off 2 hrs
start again from top

So as long as I don’t work over 11hrs and drive more that 10 I OK?

Somebody said I still had to comply with the Wtd incase I had a accident , 15mins up to 6hrs working, 30mins 6-9, over 9, 45mins.

Rich2012:
So as long as I don’t work over 11hrs and drive more that 10 I OK?

Somebody said I still had to comply with the Wtd incase I had a accident , 15mins up to 6hrs working, 30mins 6-9, over 9, 45mins.

That is when driving over 3.5 tonnes GVW as it comes under the driver WTD/RTD
First bit = in any 24 hours legally but I do not know how that can be checked on !!

If I read that right I could drive 10hrs and only take 15min break and still be within the law?

Do I need to comply with any no driving wtd laws regarding breaks?

Rich2012:
If I read that right I could drive 10hrs and only take 15min break and still be within the law?

No 15 break or any breaks legally required when driving vehicles under 3.5 tonnes

The laws need updating badly

Rich2012:

Take a break when YOU feel like it. Don’t think that you have to meet a target. If you can drive for 10 hours without feeling the need for a break then do that. If however after an hour you feel tired then simply pull in. You’re not checked but just use common sense.

There now law regarded having a break.
My mate used to driver Manchester to Aberdeen and back in a day. Get home.late be back.on work early next morning.
If.your tired your tired just stop .