Other work records

I’ve been reading about a new requirement that HGV drivers are to keep a full record of all other work.

Employers should be keeping drivers working time records anyway probably on a tacho analysis system but I ask is it a legal requirement that drivers carry a working time record as well as their driver card on their person whilst at work?

J-BONE:
I’ve been reading about a new requirement that HGV drivers are to keep a full record of all other work.

Employers should be keeping drivers working time records anyway probably on a tacho analysis system but I ask is it a legal requirement that drivers carry a working time record as well as their driver card on their person whilst at work?

Does it mean all other work not recorded on a digicard - perhaps for a non driving job :question:

Does it mean all other work not recorded on a digicard - perhaps for a non driving job

Yes, so if you drive for 3 days a week and work i.e. window cleaning 2 days a week you need to keep a record of it and carry it when you drive.

My question being is it set in law that a driver must carry a copy of this other work?

J-BONE:

Does it mean all other work not recorded on a digicard - perhaps for a non driving job

Yes, so if you drive for 3 days a week and work i.e. window cleaning 2 days a week you need to keep a record of it and carry it when you drive.

My question being is it set in law that a driver must carry a copy of this other work?

How else can you show what you have been doing at say a roadside stop? = a diary is acceptable

My question being is it set in law that a driver must carry a copy of his/her other work?

J-BONE:
My question being is it set in law that a driver must carry a copy of his/her other work?

gov.uk/drivers-hours/eu-rules

Changes to EU driving rules from 20 August
EU drivers’ hours and tachograph rules will change on 20 August.

The new rules will include:

a new requirement to keep a full record of all other work.

When you look at the new Article 6(5) there does not seem any other option to record “out of scope” activity on anything other than tachograph chart or digicard.

If that’s correct it has massive implications for workers who do a mix of in scope driving and office / warehouse type work.

Maigret:
When you look at the new Article 6(5) there does not seem any other option to record “out of scope” activity on anything other than tachograph chart or digicard.

If that’s correct it has massive implications for workers who do a mix of in scope driving and office / warehouse type work.

We had a chat about Article 6(5) in another topic here:

I don’t know the answer to this, but unless “record sheet” has a specific legal definition somewhere, then we might consider…

A blank sheet of paper, or a page in a pocket diary on which we write “record sheet” at the top, then fill in the required records just below.

The way I read the last sentence of the new 6(5) is that the word “or” appears twice, so I landed on the first of the three options.

So… when is a record sheet not a record sheet?