Pulled card out 10 mins away from yard vosa want answers

Hi Guys this is my first post I recently went to a farm and got stuck as the lane i took wasnt suitable for hgv i know school boy error!!! anyway i needed help to get back out of the lane as i couldn’t see behind me to reverse out when i finally got out i drove back to our yard and i noticed my tacho was saying to have break 8km away from site which is only 10 mins down the road so i was flustered and had quite frankly had enough at this point so was like bugger it and i ejected my card and carried on driving a week later another driver got pulled in the same lorry by vosa and they have spotted that the lorry was driven 8km with no tacho what kind of punishment am i looking at vosa want an explanation to why!!■■ i have told them i ejected my card while stuck and forgot to put it back in im waiting for a respons but worried what kind of punishment i face thanks.

depending on what type of company you work for then…

deny deny deny.its not your truck and outwith your remit what happens to it when you pull your card.
admit any knowledge of the missing kms and lie through your teeth.
thinking,knowing and proving are different things.

if your on a beancounter type job,then your timesheet and company might contradict that and hang you.

but,
knowing the holier than though dudly doogood divs that are on here,then the pic says it all. :slight_smile:

wheres the popcorn.gif

With the greatest of respect to Dieseldog who is still lucky enough to work for proper companies (other viewpoints may differ :smiley: :smiley: ) you’re in a world of hurt mate quite frankly. I don’t know how recently you gained your licence, being a newbie may help, but a member on here got a fine in the region of £1200 (I stand to be corrected) for a similar offence. I’m sure Dozy will be along shortly to confirm or deny.

itl also depend on how much break you took after before starting again…9,11,24,45 ect.

you could also try the ( there was nowhere safe and secure to stop due to the high value/perishable/temp critical/time critical issues apart from stopping outside a halting site or similar and for health and safety reasons,you decided the safest thing was to drive for another few clicks.)

…take all the advice you can absorb,use it wisely,then lie your way out of it as best you can.

The truth never killed anyone, just tell them you ducked up and got stuck, thought you would lose your job and panicked, if you tell them something unbelievable,they wont believe you.

You should of just left the card in and ran over and written some ■■■■ arsed excuse on the back of a printout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver at my last job did exactly the same.
VOSA noticed card pulled vehicle moved straight afterwards. He denied it was him but was asked to contribute £500 at magistrates court, and was given a two week break by the traffic commissioner.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

mark1284:
You should of just left the card in and ran over and written some ■■■■ arsed excuse on the back of a printout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This ^^ should’ve just written on back “ nowhere safe to stop before getting back to yard”

first at all it is too late, and second,… when that message comes up its 15 minute time left, and third. if there is no safe place to stop but more safe from any sight to keep driving to a safe parking you can do so. its then a printout and written on back what, why, when, where and all such things.
but now giving you advise how to get around a fine would be an offence.
sorry for that

quicky1993:
Hi Guys this is my first post I recently went to a farm and got stuck as the lane i took wasnt suitable for hgv i know school boy error!!! anyway i needed help to get back out of the lane as i couldn’t see behind me to reverse out when i finally got out i drove back to our yard and i noticed my tacho was saying to have break 8km away from site which is only 10 mins down the road so i was flustered and had quite frankly had enough at this point so was like bugger it and i ejected my card and carried on driving a week later another driver got pulled in the same lorry by vosa and they have spotted that the lorry was driven 8km with no tacho what kind of punishment am i looking at vosa want an explanation to why!!■■ i have told them i ejected my card while stuck and forgot to put it back in im waiting for a respons but worried what kind of punishment i face thanks.

It took 1 1/2 yrs for me to finally appear in court ( according to company compliance officer it was because they weren’t convinced it was a one - off ) so we’re periodically checking on me ( so my reply may not be to late for you ) , I got fined £776 & got a caution off t/ c
Be aware if you’re going to deny it they have the lot when you appear in court , your route , even knew exactly where I’d took out card , at t/ l just outside yard , even details of the fire I’d told them of on a13 that day that held me up , there not stupid that’s for sure, they’ve all the evidence to make you look a fool if you’ve ■■■■■■■■■■■ them , mine was 5/6 mins with no card in , I just told them as it was I’d rang / txt all day that I was going to be in trouble getting back to yard & no- one had done anything and I just lost my head & took the card out as was so ■■■■■■ off ( txts & phone call proof ) helped as it proved I’d tried to avoid situation
I’m not going all through it , there’s a thread somewhere , but remember it will be you stood in that court not the ones saying lie , they won’t be paying the fine or having there lisense suspensed ( though mine turned out to be a caution )
You’ll I’d guess if it’s a one- off get a fine about the same as me , Dvsa solicitor £400 , victim charge £30 & rest fine , , I was told 1 charge was 1 months suspension of lisense & a trip to see t/c , but for what ever reason they sent letter saying I’d got a caution , and don’t do it again