Pulled card out 10 mins away from yard vosa want answers

quicky1993:
Hi Guys this is my first post I recently went to a farm and got stuck as the lane i took wasnt suitable for hgv i know school boy error!!! anyway i needed help to get back out of the lane as i couldn’t see behind me to reverse out when i finally got out i drove back to our yard and i noticed my tacho was saying to have break 8km away from site which is only 10 mins down the road so i was flustered and had quite frankly had enough at this point so was like bugger it and i ejected my card and carried on driving a week later another driver got pulled in the same lorry by vosa and they have spotted that the lorry was driven 8km with no tacho what kind of punishment am i looking at vosa want an explanation to why!!■■ i have told them i ejected my card while stuck and forgot to put it back in im waiting for a respons but worried what kind of punishment i face thanks.

It took 1 1/2 yrs for me to finally appear in court ( according to company compliance officer it was because they weren’t convinced it was a one - off ) so we’re periodically checking on me ( so my reply may not be to late for you ) , I got fined £776 & got a caution off t/ c
Be aware if you’re going to deny it they have the lot when you appear in court , your route , even knew exactly where I’d took out card , at t/ l just outside yard , even details of the fire I’d told them of on a13 that day that held me up , there not stupid that’s for sure, they’ve all the evidence to make you look a fool if you’ve ■■■■■■■■■■■ them , mine was 5/6 mins with no card in , I just told them as it was I’d rang / txt all day that I was going to be in trouble getting back to yard & no- one had done anything and I just lost my head & took the card out as was so ■■■■■■ off ( txts & phone call proof ) helped as it proved I’d tried to avoid situation
I’m not going all through it , there’s a thread somewhere , but remember it will be you stood in that court not the ones saying lie , they won’t be paying the fine or having there lisense suspensed ( though mine turned out to be a caution )
You’ll I’d guess if it’s a one- off get a fine about the same as me , Dvsa solicitor £400 , victim charge £30 & rest fine , , I was told 1 charge was 1 months suspension of lisense & a trip to see t/c , but for what ever reason they sent letter saying I’d got a caution , and don’t do it again