VDO Counter

Hello team!
New guy here, I want to ask something.
I have a VDO Siemens digital tachograph dated March 2018, it is a 4.0 version. It has a VDO Counter on it. Yesterday a different card was inserted, not a frequently used one. It showed a question mark on the VDOCounter display while driving. Today I’ve used my card and it showed a question mark as well on the VDOCounter display while driving. I am not sure what this question mark is supposed to mean on the display while driving. I know that in the digital tacho a “?” means an unaccounted time, an unknown time of your shift, meaning that when you were inserting the card back in the tacho you didn’t chose activity for the elapsed period during which the card was withdrawn from the tacho so that period was left unaccounted for. But a “?” while driving is an unknown for me. I was combing through the 1381 digital tacho 4.0 manual and it said that the “?” on the VDOCounter display means unsufficient data (besides unknown activity). So, if we take into account that there were two different cards in the tacho sequentially, meaning the first one was not used regularly and therefore not having consistent data(unsufficient data), could it mean that the “?” on the VDOCounter means just inconsistency in the analyzing of the elapsed driving time since two cards were used one after the other and the VDOCounter does not have solid base to perform calculations and with the “?” it practically says to me:“Hey man, I am missing vital periods to calculate data here!”. I’ve attached a photo of the display, maybe someone out there had the same situation. Opinions?