Tacho and Logbooks

Hi,

Sorry first of all if this doesn’t make sense. I will try and break it down the best i can.

I work for a company which deals with emergency drainage repairs. All my drivers in this division run on log books. Every month i still upload the vehicle unit which goes onto tachomaster. Now the issue i am getting is that i have 8 drivers on this division and it is almost impossible to enter manually onto tachomaster when they are driving or who is driving as they are double manned. Their log books only require them to complete how many hours they drive on shift.

Im so confused because what do i do with all these hours on tachomaster which are classed as driving without card?
I am about to be audited and I want to make sure what i am doing is the correct process but i can not find information anywhere regarding the use of Log book use when a vehicle is fitted with a tachograph.

Thanks Guys!!

From my understanding if the vehicle is fitted with a tacho but all the work is exempt eu regs then the tacho does not need anything doing with it in regards to drivers hours

I stand to be correct if wrong

Natdigby:
Hi,

Sorry first of all if this doesn’t make sense. I will try and break it down the best i can.

I work for a company which deals with emergency drainage repairs. All my drivers in this division run on log books. Every month i still upload the vehicle unit which goes onto tachomaster. Now the issue i am getting is that i have 8 drivers on this division and it is almost impossible to enter manually onto tachomaster when they are driving or who is driving as they are double manned. Their log books only require them to complete how many hours they drive on shift.

Im so confused because what do i do with all these hours on tachomaster which are classed as driving without card?
I am about to be audited and I want to make sure what i am doing is the correct process but i can not find information anywhere regarding the use of Log book use when a vehicle is fitted with a tachograph.

Thanks Guys!!

When on log sheets for the day put the tachograph on out of scope and just use the log sheets, this will be marked on the VU records so should be ignored by Tachomaster.

The fact that the tachograph will scream that it’s being used without a driver card can be ignored if it’s on out of scope work.

We run on uk domestic and use the cards to record driving instead of logbooks now , only downside is they keep trying to give infringements for breaks etc , not sure the software is quite right , myself i believe they have not realised the difference between lgv and psv on domestic :question:

d4c24a:
We run on uk domestic and use the cards to record driving instead of logbooks now , only downside is they keep trying to give infringements for breaks etc , not sure the software is quite right , myself i believe they have not realised the difference between lgv and psv on domestic :question:

When we 1st went into domestic, we always use our cards and set to out of scope, I had god knows how many infringements, I don’t think the analysis company had heard of domestic let alone understood it! Spoke to them, I don’t know why but when we go on domestic, certain time of the year, the TM informs them were going on domestic, I would have thought it was obvious with setting it to out of scope!