Holiday days

Can a driver use a holiday day as a rest day as part of a regular (2 day 45hour) rest period ?

(The holiday day is a paid holiday entitlement day).

Yup, not a problem. It is worth bearing in mind that depending on how many days holiday this driver has had it could well count as 8 hours towards the WTD.

Disclaimer; the last bit may be either correct or incorrect :smiley: I’m sure that someone who cares about the WTD will furnish us with the correct answer.

For the tachograph regulations holiday is counted as rest regardless of whether or not the driver is paid for the time off work.

Without wishing to give the impression that I care about the WTD, the maoster is correct that 4 weeks statutory holiday counts towards the average 48 hour week at the rate of 8 hours for single days and 48 hours for a full week.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: I wasn’t having a pop Tachograph, I know that you (.to your credit) take particular interest in the whole regulation process, something I actually do find commendable. My point of view is that I only learn stuff that directly affects me, for example I haven’t a clue about double manning regs as I don’t need to. If that ever changed I’d do my research.

Tachograph (the forum member not the machine btw) is always my go to guy when it comes to sorting the rules from the mmtm rumours.

Though it’s quite annoying when you’re arguing with someone from work and your best argument is “because tachograph said so!”

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

the maoster:
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: I wasn’t having a pop Tachograph

I never thought you was bud, I have as much disdain for most of the WTD as anyone, I just take the view that it’s law and enforced by all reputable companies so everyone might as well just get on with it :slight_smile:

Reef:
Though it’s quite annoying when you’re arguing with someone from work and your best argument is “because tachograph said so!”

:laughing: :laughing:

Sent from my mobile.