Can anybody please help?

Good evening. So I’ve been searching everywhere but can’t find the answer I’m looking for. Hopefully one of you knowledgeable chaps could help me out.

So, I’m not driving a HGV but a 16 seater PCV for my friend’s taxi company. (I hold a D1), which I obtained recently. My shifts are as follows:

Week1
06:45am start - school run till 09:45am ,cleared and back at office.
09:45 - 11:00 available for PSV work and fixed fare taxi work.
11:00 - 13:00 break
13:00 - 17:30 school run and home

Week 2
6:45am start - school run - home at 09:45
Long Break
14:00 - 17:30 school run and back to office.
17:30 - 20:00 available for PSV work and fixed fare taxi work.
20:15 home

And so on.

Now my questions??
I’ve been told that the school run is domestic and I don’t need to use my tacho. The other work is EU and my tacho should be used. ■■
On week 2 I’ve been told I only need to take a 15 min break in the afternoon. ■■

It’s soooo confusing. Can anybody help me?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe these are the rules you’re looking for
gov.uk/guidance/drivers-hou … erogations
It does look like a school run is exempt from EU (tacho) rules. But if you use a tacho at all in a day (or possibly anytime in the fixed week?) Then you have to use a tacho for everything. At the very least all your other work has to be recorded so I can’t see that you would gain anything from not using a tacho.

There is no such thing as a 15 min break in a day. Your 14:00 to 20:00 is 6 hrs. If you exceed 6 hrs you’ll need to have started a 15 min break before and have a 30 minute in total. Or if you don’t exceed 6 hrs then no break was required.
(I don’t know if the morning should be added so you are over 6 hrs?)

20:15 home does that mean arrived or leave for?

Hi thanks for taking the time to reply.

So after my 6 hours 14:00-20:00 I need to take 30 min? I thought 45min but I don’t know.

I arrive home at 20:15.

I’ll have a look at the link you sent and see if I can make any sense)

Tacho exempt runs need to tacho to be set in - out of scope - so it records that portion and means you do not have to do any separate records

All in the wrist:
Hi thanks for taking the time to reply.

So after my 6 hours 14:00-20:00 I need to take 30 min? I thought 45min but I don’t know.

No.
So week 2 is 6:45 to 20:00 shift length.
There are 2 rules to wtdrt

1. The length of all breaks
  2. Can’t exceed 6 straight hours without 15 mins break in it (not after it)

You’ve got the long break, so that’s your 45 mins which is required for over 9 hrs shift.
All you need is not to exceed 6 hrs straight from 14:00 to past 20:00, then there’s no requirement for a 15 min break.

Great , thanks for the info , much appreciated