Wtd and eu hours please help

Krus777:

tachograph:
I’m reading this on my mobile but as far as I can tell it looks OK for both drivers/tachograph hours and WTD hours.

You won’t need to worry about compensation for the reduced weekly rest period on the first Wednesdays as it will be paid back with one of the long daily rest periods.

The reduced weekly rest period on the second Wednesday doesn’t need to be compensated for.

Thank you for your help, is it ok to keep records of my other work in diary and always keep it with me? As I think doing this as manual entry I am pretty sure I will make many mistakes, thank you

Legally you should keep the records of the work done on none driving days on charts or printouts but the DVSA will accept records kept in a notebook/diary, you only need to record the start and finish times of none driving shifts, it’s just so the DVSA can see that you’ve had the correct daily and weekly rest periods so there’s no need to record breaks.

In my humble opinion you should not under any circumstances try to manually put the none driving days records into a tachograph, apart from the time it will take and the risk of mistakes it will most likely play havoc with any analysis software if your company uses any, apart from that it’s just not necessary :smiley:

By the way, I had a closer look at your times today and unless I’ve missed something it still looks OK :slight_smile: