R.I.P rslicker aka Brian Elliss

I found out the other day that Brian Elliss aka rslicker on here passed away in November

Brian was a font of all knowledge, and would always find the time for a chat. From what i am told sadly he got hit with cancer and it took him in 8 weeks. He was working for Smeets ferry i believe but he had worked for a lot of different people

RIP old friend, until we meet again

Sorry to here of this remember some of his post as you say a font of knowledge will be missed

RIP

Ang

R.I.P

Tacho out, RIP Driver [emoji106]

I am greatly saddened to hear of Brian’s passing.

I’ve had several exchanges of PMs with Brian, and so I can say without fear of contradiction that he will be greatly missed on these forums because he was a very knowledgeable person who was always willing to help people.

My thoughts are with Brian’s family at this sad time.

R.I.P. Brian. (rslicker)

Feet on the dash, enjoy your kip drive.

RIP drive you have done your bit.See you on the other side

Sad News indeed, there is a sticky in the Euro Section about Italy help anytime posted by him, even left his mobile number on it.
And I can vouch he was true to his word, gave me a lot of help on one particular job I had going out there.
I think it was him that also spent some time working for VOSA, very useful to have somebody on the inside so to speak.

RIP Brian.

Go steady up there bud! RIP

muckles:
I think it was him that also spent some time working for VOSA, very useful to have somebody on the inside so to speak.

RIP Brian.

He did, but i don’t think he was too impressed by them

euromat:

muckles:

RIP Brian.

He did, but i don’t think he was too impressed by them

No he wasn’t, at least from what he told me of one incident as an example of why he felt it wasn’t for him.

They were checking trucks coming into Flamstead truckstop, during the day they’d been some problems on the M1 which caused loads of delays, he went to check a truck run by an owner/driver, found he’d run over his time, Brian was going to let the driver off because as far as he was concerned he’d stop at the first suitable place, but his boss said the driver should have stopped round St Albans, I get the impression that Brian and his boss then had a disagreement, with Brian’s opinion being it was better for road safety that the driver ran over his time and made it to a proper stop than spend the night in some layby without facilities.

I suppose his opinion comes from the fact he’d done the job, I’m sure his experience meant you couldn’t pull the wool over his eyes if you were running bent either, which is really the type of person you want doing vehicle checks.

Like I said good bloke who gave me a lot of advice when I was trying to get to grips with having to run trucks for race teams for the first time.

He will be sorely missed A valued member if this community, always willing to give helpful advice RIP

muckles:
Sad News indeed, there is a sticky in the Euro Section about Italy help anytime posted by him, even left his mobile number on it.

As soon as I read this thread I thought about that very post. It was made many years ago and always stuck in my mind as a very kind and generous offer. I went to Italy (Novara, Rome & Padova) with an O/D friend in 1986, 5 years before I got my HGV licence…not that it stopped me doing some of the driving in Italy :wink:
Later I put his number in my phone always hopeful that I would be doing Italy myself one day. Alas,it wasn’t to be.

RIP Brian.

R.I.P

Very sad news, i met Brian quite a few time both in Liverpool and Ipswich. He also ran his own trucking business at one time. Sounds cliché but what a really nice guy he was. I have a Adnams Ale glass he got me from his local boozer when we where there, always makes me think about him. RIP Brian.

be.png

Gutted to read this. I met Brian in the services just the other side of Brussels heading for Swiss one Sunday afternoon.
A really nice bloke. RIP Brian.