Pat (ainacs) Duffy

I heard this morning from someone who lives near the New Forest that our good friend and colleague Pat Duffy (ainacs)
was involved in a road accident.
It is believed he was walking home from the pub, he never made it.

Ironic really that he had only just managed to be able to walk the distance to the pub after suffering his paralysation nearly a year ago and fighting recovery every step of the way.

My thoughts and condolences to Sue and the rest of his family.

He will be missed by all of us, not only for his input on here but for his significance and stature at the August bash and our memories in the past.

God bless you Pat.

Very sad news ,even thow i didnt know the bloke i enjoyed reading his posts and got i insite into his life past and present,rip pat i know u will be sadly missed by a lot of friends on tnet :frowning:

Good evening all, I’ve just spoken to Paddy ( Pats son ) but Gary ( Gazzer ) has already posted the sad and tragic news of Pat (Ainacs ) Duffy I think most of you already knew the sad news he was tragically killed late last night, this is a sad loss to everyone who knew him. Our thoughts go to his wife Sue and family .

Jimski

Thanks Gary. I have sent a few pm’s to confirm this also. I can only find this link for those who would dare to disbelieve.I Hope Sue And paddy Hold up and that the thoughts of many People are with Them. Rest In peace pat.

dailyecho.co.uk/news/1116108 … le/?ref=mr

For once I am at a loss for words. God rest your soul Pat. Charlie.

Always put some good post’s on tnet RIP sir

Hi all
It is with great sadness to tell you that my father Pat Duffy died last night.

I have talked to Jim Ski and decided to write a little something first and if you would all like too then please.

My father was the best person you could ever have known he taught me so much in his life he taught me everything about Scanias and lorry’s from fixing them to driving them!
I am absolutely heartbroken about this as many of you who know me i was always with dad whether driving with him or helping him out in the yard i loved him to absolute bits and he will surely be missed by me and by us all.
I would like to thank everyone who has been there and sending their regards to my family.

I would just like to say thank you dad for everything you have done for me.

R.I.P Dad
R.I.P Pat Duffy

Thank you all again for all being there at this very sad time.
Regards
Paddy Duffy

It is with Great Sadness and regret to have to start this page for a great friend and colleague Pat Duffy Ainacs who would frequent these forums, and who told me about these forums 3or 4 years ago , he will be sadly missed by everyone who knew him, our thoughts go out to his wife Sue and family.
R.I.P. Pat .
Please leave your thoughts and condolences .

Regards Jimski.

I along with us all am shocked and saddened by the tragic death of our freind Pat Duffy (ainacs) especially after he was doing so well recovering from his recent injuries.

Pat was a staunch contributor to this thread and the August bash will not be the same without him.

My condolences go to his family at this terrible time.

RIP Pat

Pat was a prolific poster on TruckNet, His contributions were always entertaining, and his knowledge unsurpassed. He will be sadly missed. Condolences to his family and friends.

This thread will remain open for tributes to Pat, posts will be moved into it if posted elsewhere and it will then moved, as a lasting memorial to Pat, to the memorial forum

Paddy. Please take great strength in the fact that

A. Your Dad was a Gentleman

B. A great Father

C. A great Husband

D. A great businessman

E. one of the nicest people i have ever had the pleasure of doing business with

And finally not one living person on this earth can honestly have a bad word to say about him.

May he rest in Peace.

RIP Pat, you will be missed by all of us.

Paddy
Please pass on my sympathy to your family, a very sad moment for you & all who Pat
RIP Pat Duffy
Jeremy Roberts

What terrible news , I dont think I ever met Pat but obviously knew where his yard was . I have been following Pats progress in both Southampton and Odstock Hospitals and was pleased with how well he was doing . My thoughts are with his family and friends at this very sad time.

I didn’t exchange many posts with Pat, but always found his posts and photo’s interesting.

RIP Pat Duffy. My condolences to his family.

Dave.

rip pat and condolences to the family , did not know pat real well but had done some part time work for him when he had a truck on hall and pickles , will be sadly missed .

Just cant get my head round this tragic news, I have known Pat a long time working alongside him and his trucks for many years, as a fellow haulier. We had many a laugh over the years along the way, home and abroad and at our annual gathering at the August bash and it wont be the same without him. He must be known the length and breadth of the country not only for haulage but to many who would have bought second hand Scania parts from him.
Our thoughts are with Sue and the rest of the family at this time, RIP Pat. John Jill James and Steven Davies.

I’ve just spoken to Kev (Gerbil) he’s away at the moment and cant access the T/net site but he’s told me post for him, his thoughts and condolences got Sue and Family, he’s as stunned as the rest of us !!

Jimski

R.I.P. Pat. I wish I had met you. You made my lazy life richer with your posts. My sincerest condolences to your family and friends. Jim.

What a shock to hear that Pat is no longer with us, I only met him once and we got on really well,we did occasionally correspond through e-mails and he was always grateful when I came up with pictures of his old lorries.What a terrible loss to his family and I send my condolences to them all,we shall miss him here on Trucknet,we have lost a dear friend on here.R.I.P Mate
Cheers Bubbs (Marcus)