CANADA-Anybody dealt with CDN Visa (immigration consultants)

Hello people,

Has anybody got anything good or bad to say about this company ?

They say they fix u up a job, get your licence and send you on your way…also put you in for a perminent resedency visa that i’ve been told would get after 8 months…

Theres money to pay and a contract… i wouldnt sign anything longer than a year anyway… the fee totals something like 10,000 Canadian Dollers …

Please advise ! is this a fair cost or a rip off for something you could do yourself without a company like this ?

I’m just weighing it up… i

Guessing i could do this without them and save a lot of cash and pick a company to work for myself…

Or i could just let them do it for me, and be on my way sometime soon

How much of this cost would i have to pay anyway on visas and training anyway if done on my own ?

Also, do we need to pass canadian test before we can drive out there or do you get some time to drive on our Uk licence first… ? ( soz if thats a dum question )

Also i guess this job with the 1 year contract wont be the best rate of pay going… i could lump it for a year but i’m wondering is there any need to IF i’d be better off just doing this on my own…

I’ve been told its about 4,500 Canadian a month…is that fair ?

A trucking company they recruit for is www.directrans.com any feedback on them ?

Any with dealings with Cdn Visa good or bad & any advise to do it with or without the company much apreciated !

Thanks

Just been reading more of the other posts…

Seems 10,000 Canadian dollers is a bit steep to get out there !

I think i’ll fill out the application on siemens transport when i get back from work

I’m 30, have 6 years class 1 experiance & no criminal record… but no European experiance…

Will having no European experiance be a problem anybody know ?

Of to work now, more reading up when i get back, putting house on market this week then i’m gonna blow this popsical joint…

Advice & contacts much appreciated

Thanks

Hi Stacks
It is cheaper to find a company and do it yourself,why pay someone to do that for you and you can do it yourself,plus that $10,000 can go towards something else. we just looked up truck driving jobs in canada and found out that way,sorry can’t remember what site it was now. Hope you find something.
mrs rocket :smiley:

$10,000.00■■? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

For WHAT?
$10,000?

Why would you pay 10 THOUSAND DOLLARS to anyone?
You could get a top notch lawyer for 10 Grand!
Holy SHEEEET
The bloody job isn’t going to net you more than 30-40.
I should set up as a consultant like that. I could retire much sooner.
There are lots of companies recruiting; I wouldn’t touch anyone who wants that much money.
I shouldn’t think that no European experience is either here nor there.
Your not being recruited to drive in Europe are you?

$10,000.00
( shaking head)

I agree with bluejaysfan,that is scandalous. :open_mouth:
most companies require 2 years driving experience

Thanks for the replys folks,

Ok, thats that sorted … i will elliminate that option then and find a company myself…

I’ve been reading your posts Mrs Rocket, sounds like u made a good move and all the best to ya …

Plz tell me, what is the cost of getting the licence roughly ?

& what is the time scale i’d be looking at to get there from after an employer gives me the written job offer ?

Also… out of interest do they need to see bank statements ? or any sort of credit check ? they want to see you have funds for when you arive right ?

& do America also let you work there if you have a job offer in writing ? as that would be another option ?

I’m not 2 fussed, where it is, as long as its long haul and i get around a bit, traveled 14 states in my younger days… drivin, hitchin & on the hound … cant wait to go back… gettin fed up with the same old stretch of the M1…

Any links feel free to mail me… i did call up yankee but they said the’ve stoped hireing brits now… didnt say why…

I will fill out the siemens application but that does specify European experiance…

Anyway thanks for pointing me in the right direction…

Cheers

if you want to come to canada try h&r they will pay you to come over,10 grand whatch out dont even think about paying anybody any money to come here.h&r are gonna be in twickenham next week give them a phone call to get an interview.

Bluejaysfan:
Holy SHEEEET

I take it this refers to a ghost or something BlueJay? :unamused: :laughing:

Now, if I thought you were trying to beat the auto-censor… :open_mouth: :wink:

Stacks,
There are 3 things you need to do before deciding to take up a truck driving job in Canada:
1.Research
2.Research
3.Lastly more research :exclamation: :exclamation:
The fact that you where about to blow approx £5000 to some “consultant” when there are around half a dozen trucking companies who will recruit you direct for NO fees shows you HAVE NOT looked in to this very much :exclamation: :exclamation:
Some trucking companies will even pay you approx £700 to fly out there on a 1 or 2 week research trip and have an interview at their HQ,as well as show you around the place and take you out a run in a BIG TRUCK. :laughing: ( This is a highly recommended option :exclamation: :exclamation: )
You have no chance of working for a USA trucking company direct,you will have to go to work for a Canadian firm and you will get every chance to drive the lower 48 States of the USA. :sunglasses: :wink:

Vastly Exp,

Thanks,

If you could pm me the number for h&r that be great ? i can make twickenham next week no probs…

Big Truck,

Research, thats what i’m doing on here …

Thanks for the advice on USA, do you have any numbers or links tor any of these companys ? some sort of contact details for the firm that you highly recommended would be quite handy…

Anybody else have any contact details of firms that are already taking on brits feel free to pm me, i’d be very greatfull…

Thanks,

Stacks

Big Truck,

Research, thats what i’m doing on here …

Thanks for the advice on USA, do you have any numbers or links tor any of these companys ? some sort of contact details for the firm that you highly recommended would be quite handy…

Anybody else have any contact details of firms that are already taking on brits feel free to pm me, i’d be very greatfull…

Thanks,

Stacks
[/quote]

Here you go: :wink:
www.bigfreight.com
www.westcanbulktransport.com
www.h+rtrans.com
www.siemenstransport.com
www.bisontransport.com

I am not highly recommending any firm,but I highly recommend going over to Canada for a couple of weeks and try and visit as many trucking firms as possible and speak to as many drivers as possilbe in order to get a good feel for moving over,the town you will live in,the wages offered,working conditions etc etc.

Thanks Big Truck,

Much appreciated,

i have a day of today so i can start enquiring…

The www.h+rtrans.com link isnt working with me, is it the right addy ? maybe sites down, if so i’ll try later…

Wouldnt mind a nosey If they are in twickenham next week

Thanks for the links and advice…

Cheers

Stacks

My mistake should be just www.hrtrans.com

Thanks Big Truck,

I’ll bell em up !

Let u know how i get on…

Cheers to all for the help and advice…

Apreciated…

Good Luck, Good Truckin ; )

stacks you have a pm mate with more info but look at below site before you spend a cent of your money

bobthedog.freewebspace.com/

hi stacks,
they are in guilford i think,they had a change of venue.
get the number of the web site and ask for david foder,keep trying if he is busy they wont mind,he will probably give you v.r.v. number in calgary they sort out the appointments.when you speak to v.r.v.you need to know where annete kooistra is in england.
dont forget they are 7 hours behind uk.
i am in the uk at the momment having a break,i left all the numbers in canada.
good look mate.

hi stacks,dont worry about spending any money,if you go with h&r the only money you will spend is the fare to the airport,duty free and any thing else you buy on the way to canada.when you arrive in canada the only thing you need money for is the beer,and thats only when the company allows you to drink it.they have very strict drinking rules,ie no drink 24 hours before you get behind a steering wheel,but you will have to pay for your driving tuition nd this will be fully explained at the interview,the cost of that is about $2000 and its taken off the pay cheque every week in 12 installments,and you get most of that back when you claim the tax back at the end of the year.

HI All
just like to say that if your thinking of applying to bison,it will be a waste of time they only hire drivers with 2 years canadian driving experience,so i have heard.

rocket:
HI All
just like to say that if your thinking of applying to bison,it will be a waste of time they only hire drivers with 2 years canadian driving experience,so i have heard.

Mrs R,
I think that could be wrong as I’ve read on “Onlinetruckers” that they recruit drivers from the UK via an imigration agent only.
I reckon if you go direct to the Bison HQ at Winnipeg in person with all the relevant documents and because of the “networking” thing in Canada there is every chance you will get an interview and possibly a job offer. :smiley: :wink:

nah they wouldn’t hire me i cant drive a truck :laughing: :laughing: ron is the truck driver in our family.
thanks anyway.but we are with big frieght for 2 years who knows ron might get his own truck and go owner driver.
cheers