WES Education assessment for Canada

Hi all,

It’s been a very long time since I’ve been on Truck net, It’s quite nostalgic looking through all my old posts etc :smiley: :smiley:

I was wondering if anyone here can ease my worries about the WES education assessment I need to do for my immigration to NB, Canada.

The wife and I decided to move to Canada a while ago, almost everything is in place now. We are just waiting on the house sale to go through before we move. The company I’m going to work for have said I need to get my UK qualifications assessed by the WES organisation. They said to do this and get my IELTS test done before we move, that way we can possibly get PR applied for straight away. Failing that, I will at least have it ready for when I do eventually apply for PR in the next year or so.

Now, like many people I didn’t take school seriously :unamused: my qualifications don’t really reflect who I am, nor do they reflect my intelligence/abilities. For example, before we decided to make the move to Canada, I was coming to the end of my first year Open Uni degree in computer programming and software engineering. I’ve deferred this now because I will be too busy working in Canada to continue studying.

These are the qualifications I left school with …

GCSE
x2 C - Art and woodworking
x2 D - Drama and Media studies
x2 E - Science and English
F - Maths
U - IT

AS - Level (first year of a 2 year A level)
Either C or D in Woodworking - I’ll have to double-check that one

I’m told that the WES assessment checks to see if the applicant has the equivalent to a Canadian high school diploma. Does anyone know if what I have will be sufficient?? I’m kind of paranoid that this is going to be the thing that shuts down the whole process :cry: :cry:

Don’t see any problem as long as you have the work experience required and pass ielts

I do have the work experience (11 years driving) and IELTS shouldn’t be an issue (with some preparation) since I’m a native English speaker. This education assessment is another thing entirely though. It’s to assess if the qualifications held are equal to Canadian high school level.

As long as if I remember right ,school from 5 till 16 as legal was enough for myself I explained that was British school equivalent to grade 12 Canada , handed in not far of your o level paper work not a problem . This was on a twp never asked again when pr or citizenship

Friends have told me ielts are meant for people that use English as a second language, and crazy I know but a good friend wae a strong Scottish accent got a low score in speaking even though he was born n bred in the Parrish

I’ve also Noticed this high school
Diploma I’m
Sure the millions from
The 3rd world are providing Education Certs for PR purpose

Raker:
Diploma I’m
Sure the millions from

I had to pay £150 to the world education services to assess me. No idea what the threshold is. I can’t see basic gcse’s not being enough, even with my ■■■■ results. I’m only going over to drive lol

The IELTS used to be for only non native speaks I read, now everyone has to go out. Plus a medical and biometrics.

All of these things are £150 to £200 each and it seems it’s all only in London [emoji1751][emoji1751][emoji1751]

Sent from my XQ-AS52 using Tapatalk

LR18-8:

Raker:
Diploma I’m
Sure the millions from

I had to pay £150 to the world education services to assess me. No idea what the threshold is. I can’t see basic gcse’s not being enough, even with my [zb] results. I’m only going over to drive lol

The IELTS used to be for only non native speaks I read, now everyone has to go out. Plus a medical and biometrics.

All of these things are £150 to £200 each and it seems it’s all only in London [emoji1751][emoji1751][emoji1751]

so how do you Actually go about this do you contacts WES directly tell them the school you Attended plus dates , i take it wes are the ones who issue you a high school diploma

Raker:

LR18-8:

Raker:
Diploma I’m
Sure the millions from

I had to pay £150 to the world education services to assess me. No idea what the threshold is. I can’t see basic gcse’s not being enough, even with my [zb] results. I’m only going over to drive lol

so how do you Actually go about this do you contacts WES directly tell them the school you Attended plus dates , i take it wes are the ones who issue you a high school diploma

As far as I’m aware this is how it works.

WES assess what certificates/diplomas/qualifications you already have. They don’t issue you with anything themselves.

You create an account. Pay the fee which was $250/£150, then you have to contact the examination board that issued your qualification and ask them to send it either electronically or physically to WES.

Once they receive it they will assess it and forward their findings to you and to Canada IRCC.

For my immigration/PR application I’ve been told by my company they are just checking to see if my UK education meets Canadian highschool levels.

LR18-8:

Raker:
Diploma I’m
Sure the millions from

The World Education Services, they perform quality checks on All slave imports… or only the White ones?