Aiming to emigrate to sweden

Hej :slight_smile:

I am a 36 year old woman (U.K. native) aiming to emigrate to Sweden. (Absolutely adore the country and want to settle down there permanently). I’m hoping to find work in Norrland, ideally in the pVästernorrland region.
I am currently training to be a class 1 HGV driver here in the U.K. I have a couple of questions if anyone in the know could possibly answer? :slight_smile:

1. Is there anyone who has emigrated to Sweden as a truck driver post-Brexit?
  2. Do you know how long the processing time is for a work permit for a truck driver? (I know it’s longer than usual right now)

Finally, if you have any other advice you could offer a fresh and very enthusiastic trainer-trucker like myself, please let me know! :slight_smile:

Many thanks,
Kate

There are a considerable number of posta about moving up here in this forum.There re a couple of guys who moved post Brexit.Felixtowe flyer,George Crawford.Ihave been her 15 yrs now.After Brexit I was obliged to get a residence permit as an immigrant from a ‘‘3rd world country’’.This is not a problem if you have a job,the offer of one,or sufficient income to support yourself.The job market in the north,Västerbotten and especially Norrbotten is very buoyant even for new drivers.