Just a thought

So after being over in Canada now for over 5 years, it makes me think about the differences over here compared to England and I was the thought often crosses my mind. . .

Why doesn’t England (and Europe for that matter) switch from tachograph and go to E-Logs like the states and Canada?
Surely the benefits must outweigh the cons, the main one being the ability to fix any mistakes one might make though the day.
I hated tacho and hated it even more if I had a screw up in the week and there was nothing I could do about it except wait for the next several weeks to see if I had any letters or anything from the ministry.
It would negate the need for a tacho card and maybe even a CPC card as all is needed is a login credential and I would think a drivers CPC could be attached to said credentials and it would probably make the average drivers week a bit easier with the ability to send messages from the truck to your dispatch and all work goes through it too so also negates the need for dispatch to be constantly calling you through the week to tell you what’s next when you are unloaded.

Obviously it couldn’t happen overnight but like the CPC, I would think it could all be brought in over time but my original point is that it would make the average drivers weeks a lot smoother!

I’m surprised it’s not a thing anyway as England is so advanced with technology in the workplace and what not and E-Logs are much easier to use and a lot more convenient too than tachograph and a company phone

Any thoughts?

Good God no! I despise eroad, and log books are so obsolete. I never thought I would ever say it but a digi-tacho is the one thing I really miss from the UK, oh yes and wider trailers.

Really! . . Well each to their own hey, I hated tachograph, having to mess around with manual input every week and not being able to change when you mess up. I had a ■■■■■ of a truck that switched straight into work when I turned the Ignition on and a tacho that switched off after around half hour so a few times when I checked my time at around 40 mins, sometimes I forgot to switch it back to rest and screwed myself and had to retake half hour. At least with E-Logs, one can change that error and any other errors too. That’s just me though