American fly drives

some time ago i asked about fly drives and someone suggested a route higher up than across the middle states, but i cannot find it in my posts history, retired now and a good friend that i double manned with over the years are thinking of giving it a try, any help with a good route would be appreciated, alan.

I would suggest flying in to O’Hare Airport, Chicago, and taking the old Route 66 to Los Angeles. 2000 miles of well signposted, iconic Motherroad. I crisscrossed Route 66 many times while working and did little bits now and again but only followed it seriously when I retired. Great roadtrip .
5E991664-DF6A-4C75-ADC7-47BCC389FFBC.png

ChrisArbon:
I would suggest flying in to O’Hare Airport, Chicago, and taking the old Route 66 to Los Angeles. 2000 miles of well signposted, iconic Motherroad. I crisscrossed Route 66 many times while working and did little bits now and again but only followed it seriously when I retired. Great roadtrip .0

You can hire a Harley Davidson and do this one way Chicago to Santa Monica LA following Route66 as much as possible.
Be some Craic!!! :sunglasses:

Big Truck:

ChrisArbon:
I would suggest flying in to O’Hare Airport, Chicago, and taking the old Route 66 to Los Angeles. 2000 miles of well signposted, iconic Motherroad. I crisscrossed Route 66 many times while working and did little bits now and again but only followed it seriously when I retired. Great roadtrip .0

You can hire a Harley Davidson and do this one way Chicago to Santa Monica LA following Route66 as much as possible.

My mate did this 4 years ago, he is sorted now, met someone, got married with a child, job and a green card. We went to his wedding do.

Wee Yorkshireman on You Tube

Wheel Nut:

Big Truck:

ChrisArbon:

My mate did this 4 years ago, he is sorted now, met someone, got married with a child, job and a green card. We went to his wedding do.

Wee Yorkshireman on You Tube

Six of us were doing a fly/drive round California in 98.
Where in a place called “Searchlight” think on Route66 not far from Palm Springs in old gas station with the creaky sign etc!!!
In rolls 4 boyo’s on HDs with the shades/bandannas/shorts etc.

Turns out they were Lawyers on vacation and hired the bikes to do route66 one way.
When they got to Santa Monica they were to jump straight in the Pacific to cool off,
that was their bet with each other.
Always thought since to do that road run be some fun!!! :sunglasses:

trailfinders.com/holiday-sty … -drive/usa

You’ve probably seen this already.