AIPP. Way in to Canada

Hope this is ok NMM, if not just exterminate it ,was sent this link with good intentions

NB. Truckers apply through , occupation in demand stream…,ie get a company that in the aIPP to apply for you. Jimmy

Thanks Jimbo for posting that.

A few questions if you don’t mind?

1. How long before you are granted your PR, is it before you leave the Blighty, on arrival at the airport is being stamped in, or only when you arrive you can start the application, and if so how long would it take before your PR was granted to you?
  2. Do you need to emigrate as a sponsored emigrant, ie attached to some company for set period of time, years, and if so how long do you need to work for them?
  3. I have heard from one source, (regarding that AIPP pilot program) although it doesn’t make much sense to me at all, that you couldn’t leave your employer that sponsored you, even when you got your PR and moved to work for someone else within that province?

Thanks

You would have to be on the programme to be nominated for PR, the only way to get PR is via a nomination from the Province or possibly by an employer, depending on how it’s set up. That’s how the LMO/LMIA deals worked, this is just another name for those from what I can see.

There cannot be a time period after achieving PR that you must stay at your employer, that would be slavery and would allow your descendants to steal TVs in the future without fear of prosecution.

JIMBO47:
NB. Truckers apply through , occupation in demand stream…,ie get a company that in the aIPP to apply for you. Jimmy

When I looked at AIPP last time, a few months ago, NB was accepting truck drivers onto this program, but only to apply to companies that were part of overseas recruitment mission.
Other provinces in AIPP, accept truck drivers to apply to all those companies on their list of participating companies, if I’m not mistaken.

newmercman:
You would have to be on the programme to be nominated for PR, the only way to get PR is via a nomination from the Province or possibly by an employer, depending on how it’s set up. That’s how the LMO/LMIA deals worked, this is just another name for those from what I can see.

There cannot be a time period after achieving PR that you must stay at your employer, that would be slavery and would allow your descendants to steal TVs in the future without fear of prosecution.

From what I read somewhere, a few months ago,this AIPP program is a little diffrent to the usual LMIA route.
Apparently in AIPP’s case you get your PR after 6 months of landing there, and I was also told that if you quit working for the employer that sponsored you there, after 6 months, when getting your PR issued, your PR might be cancelled and you send back packing ( which makes it hard for me to believe)

In the 80’s I was back in the UK visiting and picked up a trucking mag and there was an add for an American company looking for drivers to come over from the UK. I can’t remember it exactly but was something like drive a big rig and see America, all sunshine and roses. Also in the mag was a letter from a UK driver who went and came back very disillusioned. I met an Irish lad who answered an add in the mag for Schneider National trucking when out in Wyoming at a fuel stop, he’d hoped to stay here but was told he’d have to go back after his temporary visa was up. I offered to buy him coffee so we could chat but he said he had to get going as they were running him hard.

I worked for another division of Schneider and there’s no doubt in my mind that they got as much work out of these guys that they could before sending them back, if it wasn’t a scam then it was the closest thing to one.

Of course the Canadian add is different but I just wanted to mention this as sometimes the packaging looks nice but what’s inside may not be exactly as advertised. :open_mouth:

M&S carriers iirc Remy.

M&S carriers iirc Remy.

JIMBO47:
M&S carriers iirc Remy.

Yes mate, that’s who it was.

M&S became part of Swift, so they dodged a bullet there.

I believe that 6month for PR is true, staying with the company for a specific time after could also be part of the deal if they give you PR conditionally.

Hi Mark, how is it going?
Yes, M&S were taken over by Swift, mostly due to the owner of M&S being taken to the cleaners by his Mrs in a divorce settlement. No doubt Swift had some kind of conn going on.
Fellow expat Cliff Warby worked for M&S carriers. I used to see him on I-10 regular at the Pilot in Mariana Fl.
Back in the nineties many U.S companies tried to recruit British drivers but failed to get Visas, as driving was, and still is not classed as a profession here. They also recruited from New Zealand.
One company that was successful initially was Pullen Brothers of Sykeston Missouri. They had a number of Brits and Kiwis, a friend of mine came over to work for them. Turned out the visa’s were construction related and were not renewed. Fortunately Freymiller of Oklahoma were able to get visa’s and hire those who wanted to stay on. A number of these are now US Citizens.
Success stories are few and far between unfortunately.

Hi Paul, same old same old here, how are you?

I’d heard about Freymiller having some Brits, there were some on Werner too I believe, I also know a few blokes that were traveling around and ended up in a one horse town in Arkansas or Wyoming and got friendly with the local Mayor, Sherrif or similar and got in through them, a case of who you know rather than what you know. I’ve spoken to several people like this, none of them truck drivers though so there’s possibly more to it than that.

Hi Mark. Doing alright thanks. I have been fortunate to stay busy through the pandemic troubles here in Florida. The priority mail (parcels) have prospered due to online shopping.
This new Post Master General could cause problems, as I believe he is intent on closing the Postal service down. We will see what happens if he still has a job after the election.
I just need it to remain open until Christmas 2021and I’ll take my social security early at 62. I am counting the day’s down.
Have you come across Captain Sergio of Heavy Haul fame out of Cambridge Ontario?
He has an interesting vlog channel, bit of a laugh to watch.
Don’t mean to hijack the thread Jimbo.
Take it easy.

youre fine Paul John,hijack away :smiley:

I phoned a friend and Bison drivers start the pr process before leaving the UK but have to sign a two yr contract to stay ,or pay back a % of training costs.NB.friend went through bison driver training in manitoba.