Across the pond.

This is what a NY congresswoman thinks about truck drivers.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the quote was pushed out from the White House itself. Trump keeps attacking her for what seems to be no apparent reason. All it takes is for a small group of people to spread the false news and the lies will be believed.

snopes.com/fact-check/aoc-p … ers-quote/

God bless…

'Murica.

No healthcare.

Awash with guns.

Poisoned by social media, hydrogenated fats and high fructose corn syrup.

Run by billionaires and Russians for other even more selfish billionaires.

You’ll need a wall on the Mexican border just to keep people in lol.

Rich262:
I wouldn’t be surprised if the quote was pushed out from the White House itself. Trump keeps attacking her for what seems to be no apparent reason. All it takes is for a small group of people to spread the false news and the lies will be believed.

snopes.com/fact-check/aoc-p … ers-quote/

She doesn’t need this to be made up, neither does Trump need to put it out as some kind of smear.

A lot of truckers support Trump already - and people like AOC know it.

As for if she said something or didn’t…

“It it wasn’t captured on HD video - it wasn’t said, it didn’t happen”.

Not like me to stick up for this particular politician, but I’ll point out that I suspect this row is ALSO fake news, also suspecting this story about it being a fake story - and is a nothingburger in itself, I should point out.
There’s no way Trump would risk alientating his own voter base by coming up with some old ■■■■■■■■ when the woman has in the past buried her party for her own gain on several occasions already, one of the main ones being the alienating of Amazon, driving them as a proespective large enmployer coming to her patch - now entirely put off, and taking their depot and would-be fresh workers - elsewhere.

Don’t take my word for it though - let’s hand over to her own peer group fellow leftie - to puts her oar in here… :neutral_face:

They felt the same in the 90’s. I went over there, Boston to be precise and was guaranteed work if I married an American lass I met in London. Her mates brother was a truck driver and I was introduced to him. Nice guy but he was keen to let me know what the general public thought of truck drivers. Even the girl I was thinking about marrying did not have a good word for them in general.
I declined and stayed working in the UK where I think at that time we were liked better than our colleagues over the pond. Unfortunately the bad ones tarnish us all with the same reputation.

Had to cringe at one response to this thread…Typical Brit answer an I’m havin a laugh. :laughing:

America is going Communist.It’s scary zb.

I’ve heard it said that in the more remote inland states - Truckers are treated with much aplomb…definitely with more respect when out-and-about than the average “Suit” might expect to get…

I didn’t fancy the interstate life though, and there’s no comparison between the interstate and “domestic” semi-truck lifestyles, from what I gather…

I might have fancied the domestic work - but it seems to be the domestic truckers that get all the stick, disrespect, AND it is a dead man’s shoes job to boot! :open_mouth:

…I never got around to finding what “going rate pay” was for Domestic and Interstate driving (firm’s truck) in the States…

The USA is under the same pressure as we are from marxism masquerading as BLM or Global Extinction and the like.

Christ, imagine what she’ll be like when she treads on a carrier bag someone’s had a dump in.

Gidders:
The USA is under the same pressure as we are from marxism masquerading as BLM or Global Extinction and the like.

BLM hadn’t even been heard of when Mc Carthy was rightly saying exactly the same.
BLM are just the useful idiots.

youtube.com/watch?v=plH5P4NRa8Y

nypost.com/1999/09/26/commies-r … the-party/

Own Account Driver:
Christ, imagine what she’ll be like when she treads on a carrier bag someone’s had a dump in.

Imagine…
Check out the link on Rich262 post.
The Tweet was about an IMAGINARY statement.
It was a spoof.
A joke.
It was NEVER said by her.
Later taken out of it’s context in a comic and now being treated as fact.
Imagine that!
Complaints to the Government next, because the Teacher used a cane on the Bash St Kids.

Gidders:

Democracy is under threat in the US, agreed.
The sitting President refuses to say whether or not he will accept the result of the upcoming November election.
Fake news abounds.
How can any population make an informed choice if they are spoon fed lies?
Elections are won by, and power goes to, the best spoofers today.

Franglais:

Gidders:

The sitting President refuses to say whether or not he will accept the result of the upcoming November election.
Fake news abounds.

I was remiss in not fact checking my post, other people on the face book page I got it from are also saying it’s fake news.

President Trump has said on tv that if he looses he will go quietly, it’s Nancy Pelosi who’s saying he won’t go quietly, she’s only saying it to cause trouble for Trump but it’s being reported as fact.

Kind of like what I just did :blush:

Franglais:

Next you’ll be telling us that Biden, like Hilary, isn’t a CCP asset and this is all fake.
The US must give up its sovereignty.But CCP obviously keeps its.Yeah right.

youtube.com/watch?v=7ZTgBrlS3M0

youtube.com/watch?v=PWa8XFU6Y5Q

Franglais:

Gidders:

Fake news abounds.

Trump said ahead of the 2016 election that he’d accept the result “If I win”.

In the end, he won in the electoral college, which meant he backdoored it, as the electoral college “trumps” the Popular Vote.
Quite frankly, I was suprised at the time that over half of the electors didn’t become “Faithless Electors” and cast their polls for Hitlary instead.
She WAS pretty darned sure she was going to win, odds on 1/20 on election day itself, and her favoured TV channels thinking that things were going well for her when she retained Virginia by a small margin…

I remember the way the clever money was already getting out of the Pound during the referendum results night, - the moment Sunderland - a Remain area held on, but not by anywhere near as much as previously expected in the region.

Even with Trump well ahead in the “states stakes” - they still tried to paint it that she was doing OK…

Ever since then, the Leftist media have simply lied so often to the public - that they are the only ones left that believe their own lies by this point.

Trump is happy to let them keep on coming out with their flannel though, as it gets his republican vote out…
I reckon come election night, unless there is the most elite rig in history carried out, that Trump will either stay exactly the same, or he’ll earthquake his way to a Nixon 1972 style election result…

1972 Presidential Election Result.png

There’s nothing positive about Joe Biden, no reaason to vote for him at all IF you don’t hate Trump with a passion… He’s the “Anti-Trump” fall guy - that’s it.
What will be interesting to see - is how the Democrats come back IF there is the anticipated Red-out of America…

remy:

Franglais:

Gidders:

Fake news abounds.

I was remiss in not fact checking my post, other people on the face book page I got it from are also saying it’s fake news.

President Trump has said on tv that if he looses he will go quietly, it’s Nancy Pelosi who’s saying he won’t go quietly, she’s only saying it to cause trouble for Trump but it’s being reported as fact.

Kind of like what I just did :blush:

Well, true to form, Trump is saying lots of different things. [emoji3]

I’m not sure why anyone bothers with lies in any case.

Deceit still works, as far as I know.

Deceit of course - is when you tell the truth at the time, but later change your mind about implementing something, and as a consequence the entire life you’ve led up until that point - then becomes the lie.

The Electorate - are not overall “Daft”. There’s enough thinking voters out there that can correct gauge the effect of losing upon them, but not so much the “winning” if this is achieved.

“The next worst thing to losing a battle - is winning one.”

People that are not used to gambling, nor taking risks in their daily lives - tend to be the very worst losers when put upon by fate to do the losing.

Even I’ve been prone to this, totally blindsided by an employer sidestepping their social and financial responsibilities, the way I saw it - finding it easier to lie and cheat an unpopular worker, rather than just pay them off, so they closed the door behind them, content as they left.

Brakes ended up paying me off rather than sacking me, after I submitted a grievance accusing them of not living up to the letter of their contracts.
Royal Mail - paid me off, before they could find an excuse to sack me on a pretence. I did indeed jump before I got pushed there, in retrospect.
Waitrose/Staffline though? They dug up a disclipinary matter that I’d already been carpeted for, and was “cleared down”, rather than put me on furlough on 80% of my previous years earnings, some £9000 taken out of my pocket, assuming that other staffline agency staff that actually got the furlough - were telling the truth about them getting it, rather than just trying to wind me up. That I’d never taken a penny out of the pockets of any other co -worker EVER - is the mainstay of my bitterness towards the way I was treated. I got mugged, essentially, by faceless jobsworths who didn’t even have the guts to tell me to my face, nor sack my in writing. To this day, I still work for Staffline, as they’ve refused to sack me, preferring instead I resign of my own accord. I’ve not done so, because I may have a claim later in the year, when things get back to normal - a claim that would not be going anywhere, had I already acted of my own accord… Trying to claim “constructive dismissal” is always harder than claiming unfair dismissal. If I do make a claim, it will be with regards to the fact they’ve not paid me for months, despite still insisting on being my main employer. You’d think if they wanted to get rid of me - then they’d just DO that, but no. If they are afraid of “legal consequences” to move against me in such a manner, then I’m going to explore what kind of legal angle I have to bring a Test Case that might yet threaten to outlaw zero hours contracts in this country, at least in the current state of play where “workers have no rights” under such contracts. We’re not talking about the right to hours here, but rather the right to be treated with dignity rather than a piece of flotsam to be discarded at great cost to that employee - whenever it suits them.

Meanwhile, back to topic…

Politicians - tend to make a lot of promises, especially across the pond.
They rarely go into detail on how they will deliver on those promises though.

I have never understood why it is that surely a politician who promises A and will pay for it with B, and roll it out by C date… What’s so hard about THAT?
…In practice, what’s hard is that you typically find 40-49% of the staff pushing back at you at all times, fighting against you so much as changing the contractor who delivers your toilet paper ffs…

That, paradoxically - means that the number one main reason that “All poltiical careers - end in failure” - is simply because EVERY poltiician gets backstabbed sooner or later, when “things don’t get done” at a reasonable pace.

In America, - they have a four year election cycle. In this country, we have a five that can be reduced to four whenver an incumbent feels that they’ve done enough of a job to increase their majority with an early election call.

I don’t recall voting Conservative last December for them come up with schemes that are full of holes, and try to justify that by what? “Treat NHS with kid gloves, but everyone else gets thrown under the bus if they slip through the net?”

What is the main meat of politics in this day and age?

…Surely it has to be China, and how we go about “Chixit”, meaning they won’t be buying up our national debt bonds any more, forcing us ALL to live within our means, “no more living on tic”, at least cheap, affordable tick…

This isn’t important for Consumer Credit, as this can be defaulted to little consequence.
It is the way it will affect the MORTAGE market that will do the most harm to our nation.

Cut China out of the loop, and we could see interest rates back upto 15% overnight.
This would break about 95-99% of the Banks imo, with those survivors scrambling to recall debt from other areas, not related to Housing.
My best guess is that the BTL landlords will be the first to be thrown under the bus, IF this “contingency” starts to roll out.
I wouldn’t be surprised if ■■■■■■■■ is behind this bit of “Dark Arts” play, neither of course…!

@Remy or others there, would you think this is a fair article?
theguardian.com/us-news/202 … and-bortac
I’ve seen reports about Federal Agents going into cities, whether asked for, or not, so are these representative of them?

Franglais:
I’ve seen reports about Federal Agents going into cities, whether asked for, or not, so are these representative of them?

Law and Order crackdown.

Nothing wrong with it.

If anything, it’s about damned time! :angry:

Go up armed against the police/military?

…Expect to get blown away.

I’m surprised at the sheer restraint being shown by the fed forces…

There’s a HUGE difference between a draconian crack-down against actual criminals than the old “Anything Right is ■■■■” argument, which was all about persecuting unarmed civilians, and in any case - Hitler was a Far LEFT Chancellor running a compliant Far Right military, who were chomping at the bit to “just follow orders”…

If we’re to truly avoid that nightmare Far Left/Far Right mash-up, then we’d better get this center ground business sorted - so they are no longer a bigger enemy of the people for being “Globalist”, and against the national interest.

The best way to defeat “Nationalism” from a former Liberal’s point of view - is to actually deliver the goods for the people in the actual country you’re working in, instead of your foreign paymasters.

Franglais:

I have to admit I couldn’t be bothered to read the whole article but being ‘strong armed’ and having ‘less than lethal’ force used against me sounds a lot better than being shot by one of the populace of Chicago.