Across the pond.

remy:
You lot seem to be clued up on American politics more than we are. Trump is loud mouthed, bombastic (at times :wink: ), uncouth, has no polish, shoots from the lip, lacks political sliminess and has been attacked by the democrats and the media from the beginning. He didn’t go around kissing the rings of other world leaders like Obama did and apologizing for what America did during WW2.

A lot of people don’t like him personally but he still believes America can be great again.

As for the health system here, you do have to buy your own insurance through your employer so that’s a consideration when applying for a job. Good doctors and hospital care isn’t cheap but I know people that have been in hospital and not lost their homes or life savings.
Since i’m retired now I have health insurance through the government so don’t have to buy it.

Hi Remy

That’s OK, I am also interested in how your medical care and expenses look like when you are retired.
If I’m not mistaken, once you reach 65 years of age, your insurance is mostly covered by government, am I right?
There are some costs that you need to meet when sick , but you are covered by Medicare ( am I right)?

So, once yes u retire and are covered by Medicare do you still need to.pay some monthly premiums towards your health insurance?
What is your copay?
What is your deductibles?
Do you pay in full for any medicines that you need to take?

I am interested in anything regarding US health care.

Thanks