Australia

Not posted since I went to Iceland (The Country) back in 2017 mainly due to social media restrictions within the heavy lift industry but was just wondering if anyone here is based in Australia?

I moved over to Victoria last year as a crane/transport supervisor and obtained my unrestricted MC (road train) licence but had to come back to the UK in March due to personal reasons.
Like most people I didn’t realise the covid-19 situation would become so serious so quickly and have ended up going stir crazy whilst stranded in Blighty on lockdown.

Will hopefully be back in Western Australia by the end of the month and I am planning to live in Perth for the foreseeable future but will mainly work in the Pilbara region on a FIFO roster out of Port Hedland.

Decided there’s ■■■■ all for me in the UK or Europe anymore so need to make the best of it this time around and it’s always good to meet Brits abroad (well, sometimes at least! :grimacing: ).

that looks like a good job opperchancity for stobart drivers wishing a change of scenery.

i dont believe theres a lot of bridges in the old outback? :slight_smile:

dieseldog999:
that looks like a good job opperchancity for stobart drivers wishing a change of scenery.

Ideal, give them Mt Isa to Port Hedland (3000 km), no overhead obstructions, one set of trafic lights, one Maccas and a few 3 metre wide bridges. :laughing:

Star down under.:

dieseldog999:

Ideal, give them Mt Isa to Port Hedland (3000 km), no overhead obstructions, one set of traffic lights, one Maccas and a few 3 metre wide bridges. :laughing:

Not quite correct there is a sluice gate gantry crane at Kunnunara which straddles the highway on the diversion dam pretty tall but its there.
Dig

images-1.jpeg

That’s some load there mate, have fun down under and keep us updated on your adventures if you can.

newmercman:
That’s some load there mate, have fun down under and keep us updated on your adventures if you can.

I will do… Stuck in the UK at the moment as my Australian entry exemption has still not come through but managed to land a very good job with a small Scottish company as an SPMT operator/crane supervisor until everything gets resolved.