Starting to think about moving to Canada, got some very begi

Hi guys, I’m at the very start of researching options for emigrating to Canada from the UK. Obviously I know that Covid is making things tricky (or impossible) at the moment, so this will be quite off in the future, but recent circumstances in my home life have opened up this avenue to me.

Just a few questions that I’m struggling to get concrete answers for:

1. Do I need to get a temporary work visa before organising training? Or can I train on a holiday visa? Does it complicate things to say that you’re emigrating temporarily to train, rather than work?

2. Could I drive from Canada to the US, or would I need a US visa too?

3. Do UK ADR qualifications transfer over to Canada, or would I need to train up over there? Is ADR even a viable/well paid option for UK expats?

Thanks guys

Sent from my COR-L29 using Tapatalk

Nothing learned in the uk means f all over here,adr is an open book test ran by the company you work for in my case I was hauling acid , fuel etc in stillages after a. Ten min test open book, yup as a new Canadian you will see the USA alright, make sure you don’t have a criminal record before you come . If you are a Brit it’s a I-94 visa you get st the border valid 90dsys then another etc. $6 a go.mske St Ute you have the right change as they get ■■■■■ about it … now -1 depends on your age etc, employer you have found

I’m not really up to date with the latest recruitment details of drivers coming to Canada but I did stumble across a Bison Transport ad about LMIA availability. https://www.bisondriving.com/posting/3175 This seems a new thing for them as they always used to use immigration agents when sourcing foreign drivers. Hope this helps.