Moving to Normandy

Hi guys, I’m looking for some info and any advise from those that made the move to France and it may sound a strange way but better to ask than sit wondering.
I’m looking at moving to Normandy hopefully next year or the year after. I will be sixty and part of the timing is to get my next medical done for the five years. I’ve just completed the CPC for another five year stint so should be good to go. I used to run my own lorry and did amongst other things, Timber an 8 wheeler then an artic both with crane, low loader, 6 wheeled rigid with a float also has and straw so yes I was farming small scale at the time but got rid of the lorries a few years ago.
I’m wondering what sort of opportunities there is in the Normandy region for part time class 1 work. Would be great to go back to Timber haulage. The reason is my pension only covers the basic bills for a property so I need to top up with some work but only looking for three to four days a week which would probably not pay to run my own tractor unit.

Any thoughts welcome

Cheers

Musser:
Hi guys, I’m looking for some info and any advise from those that made the move to France and it may sound a strange way but better to ask than sit wondering.
I’m looking at moving to Normandy hopefully next year or the year after. I will be sixty and part of the timing is to get my next medical done for the five years. I’ve just completed the CPC for another five year stint so should be good to go. I used to run my own lorry and did amongst other things, Timber an 8 wheeler then an artic both with crane, low loader, 6 wheeled rigid with a float also has and straw so yes I was farming small scale at the time but got rid of the lorries a few years ago.
I’m wondering what sort of opportunities there is in the Normandy region for part time class 1 work. Would be great to go back to Timber haulage. The reason is my pension only covers the basic bills for a property so I need to top up with some work but only looking for three to four days a week which would probably not pay to run my own tractor unit.

Any thoughts welcome

Cheers

I don’t think anyone can give much advice about UK citizens being employed on France next year. Unless and until any post Brexit agreement is signed, it’s unknowable.
Some will have opinions on what could or should happen, but it’s all in the air at the moment.
Starting as an owner driver in France was too onerous for some UK guys I know.
Employment “off the cards” is also highly unlikely under the French system. Not impossible but not worth it for any reputable employer.
Sorry if it’s not what you’re wanting to hear, and it is only my view, but your timing is awful! [emoji3]

For what it’s worth, I’m recruiting an experienced LPG delivery / Fuel tanker driver (with ADR ) in Normandy ( departements : Eure 27 or Eure et Loir 28 ).
Basic knowledge of french is required. You have to be from EU member country (including uk).
Prior experience as an independant contractor / driver / entrepreneur most wellcome
Part time contract to begin with ( two days per week in the first year, increasing to three days in the following year )
More details by personal message