salmo accident

Apparantly a fuel tanker loaded with 50000 litres of fuel went off the side of the salmo mountain in British Columbia and into the river This happened on Wednesday 27th march 2019. The driver was killed I ve heard that it was a westcan truck but that’s not confirmed the starting point was alberta presumably Calgary or Edmonton .Does anyone have any information on this ? As a retired fuel driver myself I am very interested . I know over the years westcan employed a lot of brits

I heard he was from Calgary but no facts to back it up . Failed to make a curve , which I find hard to understand when loaded going up there , was the weather bad ? Whatever the cause , it would’ve been a nasty way to go . some serious drops off there . RIP driver

I haven’t been on that road for quite a few years now and I cant figure out exactly where it happened I did realise he was pulling up hill maybe a missed gear and a roll back was what happened .

Can confirm it was a westcan driver out of Calgary pulling fuel cans, I’m out of the same terminal for westcan. Guy called Peter frechette, 50odd years old unfortunately leaving behind his girlfriend a d 3 kids. He was running his usual run so not his first time there, road condition was not a factor either, investigation is still ongoing.
Shame how easy it is to go out to work and not go home again, we all go out expecting to return at the end of the week so makes one think and be thankful to go home!

thank you for the update