Bison Transport

Any good to start in Canada with?

Eventually the plan would be to end up in or near Vancouver…

Or is 49 too old to make the move?

Bison are all over Canada huge company ,the delta depot Vancouver where my mate worked (after moving from MB) he was the only “white” driver ’ the rest talked amongst there selfs in what language they speak in india. Now in Bison you are just a fleet number ,truck used when on reset,watched all the time,legal,legal legal.or you will be up in front of “the gestapo” no mercy shown…BUT …weekly paid legal ,if you can put up with the watching its a good job…different shift set ups ,you will on can/us work to start. 49yrs old yup I came ower at 48 in 08 age isn’t a problem over here my mate still runs hard at 72 (even though he can retire very comfortably). but a question why the hell move to BC ,its wet ,damp rains a lot on the costal areas and snows a lot in the mountains and housing costs are London prices.

Also very little waiting around between tips and reloads the dispatchers are watched as well and if they don’t keep the trucks moving they are gone!.you probably will know where you are going for pickup when you leave depot.Another thing if you run out of Canada once you unload you must pick up for Canada only (no cabbotage,the USA are very hard on people who do not follow the rules)…… Cant remember which Fleet my mates were on fleet 1 or 2 subtle differences in the work . Winnipeg depot runs as far as florida but usualy from what mates said was Winnipeg -mid west back to Toronto -Winnipeg with pin to pin in between and home for a couple o days and repeat.