''Sweden is looking for Expiernced drivers''

Hi Guys n Gals.

Sweden right now is desperate for drivers if anyone wants help looking for a job E.mail me in private or send me a PM.

No stroll in the park this time of year its snowing right now and -3 think it over !!, it will and can snow here up till April and I meen real snow not what you guys get in the UK this is the real stuff. We have the Moose and wild boars/deers also with no road sence.
Summer time is great and really beautifull all snow drifts are gone by then well should have.

Best wishes Colin
Merry Christmas and a Happy new year 2019 from Sweden
God Jul och Gott nyt År 2019 från Sverige

I hope i have not broken any rules posting this here.

E.mail----> 21sd153@mail.com

Perhaps you should preface that with '‘Sweden is looking for good capable drivers’'given the time of year and conditions now through until April.

hutpik:
Perhaps you should preface that with '‘Sweden is looking for good capable drivers’'given the time of year and conditions now through until April.

I agree with you Hutpik but now they know this many thanks for your reply anyway.
And have now re edited the post.

God Jul på deg MVH Colin.

Colin in Sweden:
I hope i have not broken any rules posting this here.

No Colin, no rules broken as long as you’re not moonlighting as Colin’s Recruitment Agency!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It’s OK because it looks like an offer of assistance to those wishing to relocate to Sweden. :smiley:

Dont be surprised if you have no replies.A few years ago i posted the same thing for my old boss in Gällivare asking for a driver to drive 1 week on 1 week free with a take home of £2500 net,out of over 2000 looks i had 1 reply,and he was Romanian.The adventure mentality has gone now.If you are wanting to move to Sweden then the South is the same as Europé,lots of people and EE competition.The North is isolated and different so you have to change radically your mind set to come here.There are more Dutch and Germans here as they seem to adept better and look more at the ‘‘quality of Life’’ as well as Money.

Hi Hutpik.

I think you could be correct on this one ho hum.

I moved here in 2003 and think its great just look at the summer we just had WOW the only thing I dont like is the zero temps.
But the roads are less clutterd here I can imagine its bad around Goteborg och Stockholm I guess other than that its great driving here.
Dont ask why I moved here because its a long story. :open_mouth:

funny that i live in smaland and been looking around for jobs. They all tell me i need to speak Swedish and because i dont no job… yet i meet EE working for local companies with no Swedish and little english who don’t have a problem.

Strange,i’ve been speaking to an Englishman who is moving here in March.He was asking about jobs via FB,already he has been offered 3 jobs in the Luleå area,thats without coming with me to Gällivare\Kiruna\Pajala.Maybe it depends on the attitude you present when you go to firms.The Swedes are a bit old fashioned.

Yep I think down south is a bit different. I have been offered a lot of jobs in malmo and Stockholm. Just out here seems a bit harder then average. All very well been offered jobs there but I don’t live near them haha.

If you’ve travelled all the way to Sweden it doesn’t really matter where in Sweden you live and work,unless you have all roots in Småland.Alot of companies work 7\7,7days working and 7 Days free.Up here a lot of the guys in the mines sleep here for a week then go home for a week.Working 2 weeks in the month for a months wages isn’t a hardship.Good luck.

Well I do have a job for a uk company justlooked for filler work and not sure the missus would be happy with me coming home and then spending time away again as I do that enough haha would rather do night/day work and be home and see her. When I’m in Sweden.

Can the driver thats moving to Norway get back in touch with me please I have some interesting info for you :arrow_right: :bulb:

Many thanks Colin.
21sd153@mail.com or send me a PM

hutpik:
Dont be surprised if you have no replies.A few years ago i posted the same thing for my old boss in Gällivare asking for a driver to drive 1 week on 1 week free with a take home of £2500 net,out of over 2000 looks i had 1 reply,and he was Romanian.

Well, I did answer and I’m not romanian but as I remember the response was akin to “go there and find the chap”. Fortunately my current place of employment was a bit more welcoming :slight_smile:

Maybe you did reply,and that would not have been my answer.I said to everyone that they should come to meet the guy personally as here they are not into mails and letters.To the people here it is more important to meet a prospective employee as so much crap is written by people on internet and the like.The situation is still the same here with a shortage of people.But unlike many companies in Europé,here its more personal,you meet,talk,drive and then each party can see what the reality is.If your present employer is anything like Girteka then if you can open the truck door then you get the job.The Winter circus is at full performance here now.

Yes well it’s easier to get folks to engage with a proposition, if it was a bit less vague. I remember driving across Norrbotten with said “go and see the guy” offer in mind but, well, what if he has no idea why I’m there? etc

My current employer has nothing to do with trucks though, nor do I anymore.

Thats crap.If anyone has contacted me[and dozens have]i have Always said,‘if you want to move and work here then its best to come up here and interact personally with any prospective employer’',AND i have Always said to Contact me so i can take you to meet people.But after quite a few years and many Contacts,none of whom bothered to come here i now dont bother.
There is an English guy who is moving up here in March,he came in December to ‘‘meet and greet’’ and has already been offered 3 different jobs just by showing the enthusiasm of visiting.

"Re: Wanted. ‘‘ice road trucker’’.
Sent: Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:57 pm
To: milodon

If you are up this way you can always call in to the company and state your case.But i warn you,don’t sell yourself cheap as we want to keep the standard of living here,and not let it all go to [zb] as has happend throughout the rest of Europé.As you well know up here everyone knows everyone else so you don’t screw each other.
If you are in the area the adress is PÅL Liljegrens åkeri.Just ask for the driving school at Smedburg,Malmberget.
PS don’t send all of your friends or relatives.Mike"

And if you had said what you claim to have been saying I definitely would have come, either while driving through, as I often was or it wouldn’t have been too much for me to take the thousand km trip up there in my own car. I actually added tanks and explosives to my ADR specifically with the mining sector in mind.

But let’s be honest here, the post scriptum says it all.

As it states,the address is quite clearly written even someone from the EE could have found it.The job was available for a while.Obviously the reference to sending '‘all your friends and relatives’'means If you are any good then you can get ajob but dont send all your friends who have got thier license from a corn flake packet just because they will work cheap.

uuu… brexiteer immigrant wave towards Norrbotten … :sunglasses:

hutpik:
AND i have Always said to Contact me so i can take you to meet people.

hutpik:
As it states,the address is quite clearly written even someone from the EE could have found it…

Crap is what you’re full of buddy :unamused: