Job Market in Alberta?

OwlMan:
Just saw I got a couple more replies on this. Thanks for the info guys!

I made it over to Alberta in late August, leaving the UK at the worst time possible as far as money goes in driving :cry: Currently living it up in Jasper working in tourism and honestly unsure if Iā€™m going to get my licence here. If I do itā€™ll be in the new year so that I can claim it on taxes, but at the moment Iā€™m enjoying not working 70 hour weeks living on the road haha. Certainly miss earning a good amount of money though!

Good man!!!
Nice to hear you got over here buddy, I hope it all works out well for you man!
At least you are working too, hopefully you can get your class 1 pretty easily when you do go for it, doesnā€™t matter when in the year you do it, I believe the window of claiming for your years tax is Jan 1 to dec 31 and you claim at ā€œtax seasonā€ in February to April, Iā€™m just not sure how much of the total cost of driver training you can claim back so may be worth looking into if you want to know.
At least working and living in jasper will get you a good idea of how winter can be over here, jasper is a beautiful place too and they do get quite a bit of snow too from what I understand, I donā€™t really go through there much through winter as Iā€™m usually trucking across highway1 from Calgary over to Kamloops or Surrey or anywhere in between.
Wish you luck for your first winter buddy, layer up, be safe and enjoy your time here and take note of how things run in winter to give you an idea on how to prepare for the next ones!